Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AA breather hose tap size

Old 01-13-2019, 05:35 PM
bjtusf

Default AA breather hose tap size

Can someone direct me to where to get the correct size tap for the AA breather hose that goes into the oil cap. I have the recommended drill bit and tap but they are clearly too small. 9/16 bit and 3/8 NPT tap. Are the instructions wrong or did I receive the wrong fitting? I have tried contacting AA twice to no avail. Here is a picture of the drill bit in relation to the fitting.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:27 PM
aaronc7
CF Senior Member

It's not correct, it is 1/2 NPT thread. Drill bit is 45/64, or something around 0.7", dont think it needs to be exact for plastic.

When I talked to a tech at A&A, it sounds like they are working on an updated version of instructions, I'm guessing this is one of those things that changed over time and instructions haven't caught up yet.

On the air filter side, I also drilled out the hole a little bit so it would go in....it's still super snug and had to use lots of silicone lube. I used a stepped drill bit on the air filter side too, which essentially 'tapered' the hole in the air filter, making it easier to get started but still very snug at the bottom.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:36 PM
bjtusf

Thanks for your reply. Exactly the info I needed!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AA breather hose tap size

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: