Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CXRacing Single Turbo "Street Car"

Old 02-05-2019, 07:39 AM
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post

Cross beam is completely hollowed out, IC support bar is welded straight to the frame rails. Radiator support is just like the IC support but is welded to 4x1/4 steel plates that are bolted to the OEM rad cradle locations, radiator is sitting in RSM radiator mounts clamped to 1 1/4 DOM.

Dual spal 10 fans with a fully enclosed shroud.

Catch cans. PCV can from the valley cover to the intake and a draft can off both valve covers

Wilwood prop valve and bracket, just needed a slight bend to clear the inner fender. May replace the front line to clean it up but as of right now it fits and seals so Im not terribly concerned.
kudos for wrapping the pipes but you might need a heat blanket or fiberglass lid/cover for the mast cyl res.

they are not heat friendly and will crack and dump your brake fluid. (ask me how I know)

I went with the `127s and have an older Haltech s2000 platinum that I need installed and I hope to have Brett help me remote.

He's the man with the haltech and the turbo car. Congrats on your build.

Starting a "build thread" too so you guys can rag on me for taking 2 years to get started
Old 02-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rkreigh View Post
kudos for wrapping the pipes but you might need a heat blanket or fiberglass lid/cover for the mast cyl res.

they are not heat friendly and will crack and dump your brake fluid. (ask me how I know)

I went with the `127s and have an older Haltech s2000 platinum that I need installed and I hope to have Brett help me remote.

He's the man with the haltech and the turbo car. Congrats on your build.

Starting a "build thread" too so you guys can rag on me for taking 2 years to get started
Thanks bud. I plan to do something with the MC and reservoir I just havent decided yet. I may actually make an aluminun heatshield to keep radiant heat off of it.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 02-05-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:29 AM
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise View Post

Thanks bud. I plan to do something with the MC and reservoir I just havent decided yet. I may actually make an aluminun heatshield to keep radiant heat off of it.
that should do it. On my stinger hood the duct is right there and draws a hot blast of air off the turbos and manifolds out that duct

does help hold down the underhood temps. tiger shark front helps too!!
Old 02-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Rkreigh View Post
that should do it. On my stinger hood the duct is right there and draws a hot blast of air off the turbos and manifolds out that duct

does help hold down the underhood temps. tiger shark front helps too!!
Im hoping the center vent helps draw hot air from behind the radiator, I would love to add the tigershark bumper but I dont want to spend the money on it until the car is mechanically complete.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 02-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CXRacing Single Turbo "Street Car"

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: