C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ti to YSI whos done it?

Old 02-28-2019, 10:08 PM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Default Ti to YSI whos done it?

Anyone gone from a TI to a YSI? Just wondering if you lost any low end and how they compare. If I switch to the YSI, Ill pulley down and let it eat. Some people say a YSI picked up more power everywhere and other have said they wished they stayed with the smaller blower because the YSI is lazy until 4k. I know the YSI will give me more mph in the 1/4, but I dont want it to be a turd until 4k either. I have might have the opportunity to go YSI so thought I would get onions.

Just looking for experience, that and I have cabin fever from winter.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:56 AM
TheCartel
CF Senior Member

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Well if you do I'm looking for a TI. Pm me if you want to sell it
Old 03-01-2019, 12:06 PM
algZO6
CF Senior Member

Liked 83 Times in 68 Posts

ive gone from a t-trim to a jt to a ysi-b and now a F1X. i have to say the t-trim was the best street setup, great drive ability quiet and reliable as hell. only reason i went down the rabbit hole is because losing sucks. lol
The following users liked this post: algZO6
nfantbabyjesus (03-04-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 05:43 PM
silver408z
CF Senior Member

Liked 62 Times in 58 Posts

The ysi should not lose anything down low. The setup is what makes the difference. The people who say the ysi lost probably were not using it to max. You don't want to big a blower for your setup. You want a centri blower pullied for max or even over max rpm depending on the blower. If you have 2 blowers and your goal is 700 hp, the smaller one, pullied more aggressively will out perform the larger with a lazy pulley. Its not that the blower cant come on harder, its just not setup to do it.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by algZO6 View Post
ive gone from a t-trim to a jt to a ysi-b and now a F1X. i have to say the t-trim was the best street setup, great drive ability quiet and reliable as hell. only reason i went down the rabbit hole is because losing sucks. lol
WHat made the Ttrim better for you for a street set up?

I dont like that my V3 is so quiet. Id like to hear it a little bit.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by silver408z View Post
The ysi should not lose anything down low. The setup is what makes the difference. The people who say the ysi lost probably were not using it to max. You don't want to big a blower for your setup. You want a centri blower pullied for max or even over max rpm depending on the blower. If you have 2 blowers and your goal is 700 hp, the smaller one, pullied more aggressively will out perform the larger with a lazy pulley. Its not that the blower cant come on harder, its just not setup to do it.

I agree with everything you said. I have the opportunity to build a motor and either stay with the Ttrim or go ysi. Both will be pulled to the max. This will be my set up for the next 5 years so I wanna make the best decision. Im only one pulley size away from maxing out the V3 so I already want more lol.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:39 PM
silver408z
CF Senior Member

Liked 62 Times in 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium View Post
I agree with everything you said. I have the opportunity to build a motor and either stay with the Ttrim or go ysi. Both will be pulled to the max. This will be my set up for the next 5 years so I wanna make the best decision. Im only one pulley size away from maxing out the V3 so I already want more lol.
If you can use it and are wanting 1000ish hp then go after the ysi. Things get more expensive making that step from what is good for 800 whp and what is good at 1000 whp.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Well I have a DSS 3.5, c6z rear and a upgraded tr6060 going in. Should be good.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:56 AM
ysb02
CF Senior Member

Liked 30 Times in 29 Posts

I just picked ysi over ttrim to begin with. The ysi is a loud blower. It sounds like a quiet jet engine even at idle. I donít see it losing any midrange youíd notice if you pulled it down to 2.75 or lower. These blowers can really be over driven and still be fairly reliable
Old 03-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Podium
CF Senior Member

I originally thought I would be happy with 700, but I made 800 and that feels slow now. Im only one pulley size away from max speed so Im almost taped on this blower. The stock cars keep getting faster and more powerful and Id like to stay ahead of them.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 AM
algZO6
CF Senior Member

Liked 83 Times in 68 Posts

i loved my t-trim setup due to the mild combo i had with it. it was fast and reliable. the problem with chasing a number is you will always find the next weak link. it ran a 9.19 @147 in 2700 DA with a stock bottom end and a mild cam. that being said you "should" be ok with your drive train but nothing is guaranteed...just ask everyone else pushing over four digits.
The following users liked this post: algZO6
nfantbabyjesus (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 11:44 PM
nfantbabyjesus
CF Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

i loved my t-trim setup due to the mild combo i had with it. it was fast and reliable. the problem with chasing a number is you will always find the next weak link. it ran a 9.19 @147 in 2700 DA with a stock bottom end and a mild cam. that being said you "should" be ok with your drive train but nothing is guaranteed...just ask everyone else pushing over four digits.
that's the **** i like to here! i just ordered a TiV1 with a 3.25 to replace my SiV3 with a 3.4. im running a jam cam and 100% E85, also on stock bottom end. ha! i was hoping to crack into the 9's on stock bottom!
Old 03-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Im afraid of that. Just changing the car because Iím bored. I did that in my heads and cam days. Went with a big cam. Made more power and was faster on the top end but I hated driving it.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:07 AM
evileight
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I went si to ysi. First half *** pull in the ysi to about 5200 and some belt slip made 700 wheel. Found out I had a bad rod and could not continue. I have not owned a ti but I can tell you the ysi is a whole other animal to the si. It sounds soo good too. Love the sound of the strait cut gears and jet engine the ysi makes.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by evileight View Post
I went si to ysi. First half *** pull in the ysi to about 5200 and some belt slip made 700 wheel. Found out I had a bad rod and could not continue. I have not owned a ti but I can tell you the ysi is a whole other animal to the si. It sounds soo good too. Love the sound of the strait cut gears and jet engine the ysi makes.
I too love the sound. I canít hear my TI because of the exhaust.

Im going to keep the TI for now. Just need to decide on a 383 or 402.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:08 PM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Do you feel that you gave up some low end going from the SI to the YSI?
Old 03-24-2019, 07:11 PM
Podium
CF Senior Member

Well I talked to Brett and he got me thinking about a built motor and YSI set up. UGH.

I recently started drag racing and plan to do it alot this year so maybe the YSI and built motor is the way to go for me and the future. I just need to get hammered and place the order and then be stuck with it LOL.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:03 PM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 118 Times in 111 Posts

Well I talked to Brett and he got me thinking about a built motor and YSI set up. UGH.

I recently started drag racing and plan to do it alot this year so maybe the YSI and built motor is the way to go for me and the future. I just need to get hammered and place the order and then be stuck with it LOL.
If Brett told you to do it, you should do it. 4 digits sure sound fun and Brett can get you there
Old 03-24-2019, 09:24 PM
evileight
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Do you feel that you gave up some low end going from the SI to the YSI?
I don't think the si to ysi looses anything down low, it feels like torque went up over the entire rpm range.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:50 AM
evileight
CF Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I don't think the si to ysi looses anything down low, it feels like torque went up over the entire rpm range.
had my car on the dyno last night and made more than 500lbs of torque at 3k with the ysi. I think my si only made around 400 at 3k. Will have to find the graph to verify but I would say itís definitely better at all rpm.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: