C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Vette Doctors - Completely Rebuilt

Old 04-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Hammer
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Thank you Vette Doctors - Completely Rebuilt

I'm looking to move to either a C7 Z06 or a Stingray and get some work done.
In preparation for selling my Z06 Forged 383 STS Twin Turbo, I brought it to the Vette Doctors to have them do some basic testing and checking so I can sell the car on the forum with a clear conscience (I've been a member here for a LONG time).

Of course, all wasn't perfect.
The bottom line is we rebuilt the motor (forged 383), replaced the heads, injectors, turbos and re-tuned.
The car runs incredibly well, smoother than ever before.

I did have him cut the boost from when it was running 670+ rwhp it was incredible, but my reactions are slower and I have two sons who take the car out so I'm happier with the current setup for my current situation.

The numbers are below
@ 6.3 psi with cats (this is how the car sits today)
593 rwhp
595 rwtq

@ 6.9 psi with no cats
620 rwhp
595 rwtq

The previous setup (smaller turbos and stock heads) @13 psi with cats
678 rwhp
706 rwtq

So as soon as I get some time to take pics I will list her for sale, in the mean time I'll keep driving!

I can't thank Denny at the Vette Doctors enough, the amount of work he put in is greatly appreciated and the quality shows, drives like stock until you don't want it to, and the turbos and BOV's sing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thank you Vette Doctors - Completely Rebuilt