C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Oil Leak @ Throttle Body w/ Maggie 122

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 08:35 AM
dsmith1279
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Intake Oil Leak @ Throttle Body w/ Maggie 122

Folks, I've got a 40K mile 04 with a Maggie 122 kit installed by MTI in Houston, back in the day. It does have a catch can but has only been full enough to drain once. I've had oil, after driving leaking out between the tubing between the throttle body and the Air Filter. When I say leak, I mean after driving it 5-7 times I'll have a drip or two on the garage floor. When I put it on the lift the area below the TB is covered in oil due to the seeping. So the question is why is this happening and the catch can not capturing the oil? I did notice that many of the vacuum lines don't have a hose clamp at a the end but rather a friction fit. This is obviously something I'll correct going forward.

There are not any noticeable driving issues.

Thoughts?
Old 04-12-2019, 09:39 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Post some pictures of your engine bay so we can better understand your setup and visually inspect your PCV lines.

How does the car run? Have you noticed any power loss?
Old 04-12-2019, 11:11 AM
dsmith1279
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No loss of power.

Have it up on the lift how, changing the clutch, (UGH THIS SUCKS!!) but will hey pics post install.

Just didn’t know if anyone else had this issue before.

Get notified of new replies

To Intake Oil Leak @ Throttle Body w/ Maggie 122

Quick Reply: Intake Oil Leak @ Throttle Body w/ Maggie 122