C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged c5 speed density tune maf delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Cobber911
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Supercharged c5 speed density tune maf delete

So i have a 2001 Corvette with the ecs blower kit, I went with a speed density tune so I am looking to delete my maf completely and eliminate some clamps and stuff from my charge pipe...is got the harness to go from 5 wire to a 2 wire for the iat sensor...my question is where should I put the iat and will it function the same as the maf did just reading the temperature? Do I need to have it re tuned to do this...here is a pic of my set up and I just wanna clean it up and delete the maf out of the equation...any advice would be grateful

Last edited by Cobber911; 04-23-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:50 PM
itsslow98
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

You absolutely need a tune to switch to speed density. The car will use the iat and map sensor for air readings. I put my maf in the charge tune prior to the throttle body and spray meth before that.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:58 AM
Cobber911
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
You absolutely need a tune to switch to speed density. The car will use the iat and map sensor for air readings. I put my maf in the charge tune prior to the throttle body and spray meth before that.
Sorry if my original post wasn't clear...I already have a speed density tune and the maf is turned off in the tune only using it to read the iat currently....just want to delete the maf from my charge pipe using a break out harness and standard iat sensor

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharged c5 speed density tune maf delete

Quick Reply: Supercharged c5 speed density tune maf delete