Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page >

Gimme predictions: ECS sm. blower cam, A&A V1 3.8, TSP LT, 3.42, 3400 stall

Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gimme predictions: ECS sm. blower cam, A&A V1 3.8, TSP LT, 3.42, 3400 stall

Old 04-28-2019, 02:27 AM
DrRaySomeDay
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Gimme predictions: ECS sm. blower cam, A&A V1 3.8, TSP LT, 3.42, 3400 stall

I have a 2001 convertible A4 that had an A&A kit with a V1 unit and a 3.8 pulley installed 5k miles ago. The car had TSP long tubes, Z06 catback and mufflers. We should be finishing the ECS Small Blower cam tomorrow, along with the dual springs, chromoly pushrods, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain and a new power steering pump and water pump with 160* stat for good measure. Then we will be adding 3.42 differential w/ 30k miles from a Z06, a 3400 stall speed converter by Phoenix Transmission, a Transgo shift kit and tranny cooler topped off with a solid tune by a local shop owned by Randy Prevatt.

What types of dyno numbers should I be anticipating?

What times of track times should I expect with my 335 sized Michelin Super Sports?

My car is wide bodied---what are the thoughts of running a budget drag setup by using my 17x9.5 stock front wheels as rear wheels with ET Streets or Hoosiers? In order to keep the drag wheel setup "in line" with the fenders, would it be okay to use a pretty hefty spacer? I would only be using the spacer at straight line timed drag events if that matters. I am on a budget and trying to do what I can. I would like to eventually run 17x12 C4 ZR1 wheels with some ET's or similar.

I'm excited about the built and am just wondering what types of numbers you all would expect on the dyno, at the track, as well as thoughts on tires. I'd even appreciate some 'future directions' for the car (and I am keeping an RPM trans in mind for sure). Thanks
Old 05-05-2019, 09:13 AM
DrRaySomeDay
CF Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone?
Old 05-05-2019, 10:39 AM
tabbruzz
CF Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

What kind of power did you have with the v1 kit alone?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 134 Likes on 122 Posts

Is this a V1 as in V1-Si blower? V1 just designates the version, the trim(Si, Ti, Ysi) is what tells us the size.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gimme predictions: ECS sm. blower cam, A&A V1 3.8, TSP LT, 3.42, 3400 stall

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: