Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

learning about my A&A Ti kit, school this newbie ;)

Old 05-06-2019, 12:50 PM
RockyMtC5
CF Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default learning about my A&A Ti kit ;)

I'm currently breaking in my new clutch and I haven't really been able to use my car to its fullest but yesterday I was able to really blast it on some long stretches..... I have some questions about stuff I'm still learning about so please chime in

A&A Ti kit with 4" pulley on my stock bottom end, 226/228 cam, 317 heads, 1 7'8" catless ARH's

I'm currently running at 5000-9000 feet of elevation here in Colorado (note, car was tuned @ 1000 ft elevation) and I'm seeing about 7 PSI max at 6250rpm's (rev limiter). It looks like boost starts kicking in with 2-3PSI at 3500/4000 and builds to around 7 at rev limit (5psi @ 9k feet elevation and 7psi @ 5k elevation). Doing the math, and losing about 1psi every 2k feet elevation above sea level..... I calculate that where it was tuned (1000 feet elevation) it made about 9psi. So, it appears that everything is running like it should be and at the high rpms I am feeling some power for sure.

If I was planning to keep the car here in Colorado long term I would definitely put a smaller pulley (3.8 or 3.6) but I know 10psi is probably the highest I want to go so going to sea level I'll be right there with the current setup...... so for now I'm going to keep running as is and hopefully I blow my Colorado Mile previous time away!

So, does my boost level sound about right to y'all? When I first posted my info and results some folks said no way was I making 9-10psi with 4" pulley and all my mods..... is this different for a Ti trim vs an Si trim?

If I was to put a 3.8" pulley, would I get boost earlier in the rpm range or would it just peak higher? I have such a soft low end that I'd like the boost to come on much earlier if possible and can keep the rev limiter to limit itself.

What about the rev limiter? I used to shift at 7k rpms with this cam and heads but my tuner has the rev limit set at 6250 so I've been hitting it more than I'd like (once the boost builds it gets to limiter quicker than expected). I know he did this to keep it safe, but I feel like if it was 6500 or 6600 I would get more boost/power out of each shift.

Thoughts? Ideas/suggestions?

THANKS!!!!

Last edited by RockyMtC5; 05-08-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: learning about my A&A Ti kit, school this newbie ;)

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: