Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My half-mile runs in my C5Z, N/A and nitrous

Old 05-12-2019, 09:40 PM
1SLO2OH
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My half-mile runs in my C5Z, N/A and nitrous

Last month I got the opportunity to run my car at the WannaGoFast Florida half mile at Ocala, Florida. I am usually there with work supporting GTR's while they run, but this event we had a very light load with us only bringing a 991 Porsche 911 and a local GTR customer, so my boss let me bring my car down in the trailer with the Porsche. I only made 3 runs total on Saturday since work had to come first, and I was planning to run Sunday morning a few times but there was weather moving in so we had to get headed home to try to beat it. But I am still happy with my results!

My setup is an 03 C5Z with an RHS 454 bottom end, TrickFlow 245 heads, Fast 102, 11:1 CR, on E85 with 150 jets on a NOS mini progressive controller. The car makes right around 600whp on motor and about 730whp or so on the spray. I was running my everyday 19" wheels with 345 NT05R tires how I drive the car around on the street. Traction at Jumbolair is pretty poor, as anyone who has ever ran there already knows, so both on and off spray I just had to pedal the car in the low gears and roll onto the throttle until I got into 3rd, so that really slowed the front half down as you can see in the slips. Temps were around 88-90* and DA was 2300-2500 feet during the runs.

I first made an N/A pass with no nitrous to feel out the track and see what the car would do. It went 155.5mph on the first pass which is exactly what I guessed it would do there, so I was happy. I ran one more N/A pass and went 155.3mph so that was a good run to backup my first run. A little later I went back out to make a pass on the bottle. I rolled out and smoothly ramped in the throttle through 2nd, grabbed 3rd and went WOT and the nitrous ramped in and the car stayed hooking and it felt great. Crossed the traps at 167.3mph which was about what I was hoping for, and I went back to the trailer all smiles. I wish I would have went back out and tried to lay the power down a little earlier to see if I could go a little faster since I didn't get to run Sunday, but there's always next time. I'm now hoping I get to take the car to another half mile with some better conditions because I do think the car has a 170mph pass in it with a cleaner runway in better air, so hopefully I'll find out someday!

Sorry if this got a bit long. It was exciting for me because I'm usually running to and from cars at these events making sure they are ready so it was cool to be able to enjoy driving my own car for once!

Here's some pics from the event.

The following users liked this post:
50 ANV C5 (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 12:14 AM
jbsblownc5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 274 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Congrats, GREAT looking C5!!!
Old 05-13-2019, 03:00 AM
jattz06
CF Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Super clean car! What hood?
Old 05-13-2019, 04:41 AM
JoeyG
CF Senior Member

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Good outing fr sure, nice results
Old 05-13-2019, 04:54 AM
Capthuff
AMP Racing member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 137 Posts
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Well done! Sharp looking car.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:47 AM
RockyMtC5
CF Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Awesome!!! I'm doing my first 1/2 mile event next month here in Colorado....... can't wait! Too bad you weren't able to run a few more times, I'm only going one day but plan to run it over and over until they kick me out
Old 05-13-2019, 01:32 PM
1SLO2OH
CF Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5 View Post
Congrats, GREAT looking C5!!!
Thanks man! I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by JoeyG View Post
Good outing fr sure, nice results
Thank you! I was happy with it for my first half mile. Its always a good day when the car runs flawlessly.

Originally Posted by jattz06 View Post
Super clean car! What hood?
Thanks! It is the Kenne Bell hood, just with no blower under it

Originally Posted by Capthuff View Post
Well done! Sharp looking car.
Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by RockyMtC5 View Post
Awesome!!! I'm doing my first 1/2 mile event next month here in Colorado....... can't wait! Too bad you weren't able to run a few more times, I'm only going one day but plan to run it over and over until they kick me out
You going to the shift sector event in Colorado Springs? We went last year with a few cars and had a ton of fun. Probably the safest venue we have been to, its just such a big runway! And the backdrop is beautiful! We ran 224-225mph all weekend in one car and it was very comfortable and very easily put the power down on that surface. Highly recommended for anyone to go to that event! The only downside is the DA is usually 8000-10000 feet so your trap speeds will be much lower than at sea level.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:55 PM
RockyMtC5
CF Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SLO2OH View Post

You going to the shift sector event in Colorado Springs? We went last year with a few cars and had a ton of fun. Probably the safest venue we have been to, its just such a big runway! And the backdrop is beautiful! We ran 224-225mph all weekend in one car and it was very comfortable and very easily put the power down on that surface. Highly recommended for anyone to go to that event! The only downside is the DA is usually 8000-10000 feet so your trap speeds will be much lower than at sea level.
Yes, and that whole high DA thing is real (and frustrating). Iíll be happy with 155 ;-)

Im 550rwhp-ish currently so no 200mph runs ... lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My half-mile runs in my C5Z, N/A and nitrous

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: