C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blownbluez Borg Motorsports Viking=Hooking 800rwhp on the street!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 06:44 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Blownbluez Borg Motorsports Viking=Hooking 800rwhp on the street!

Hey guys. Just want to give a quick review of some things I did over winter and cant help but share, and the guys involved deserve credit. Some guys know about my issues with no traction until 3rd gear at the track last year when I ran 11.2 @136. The combo was stock c5z leaf with bilstien shocks with 817rwhp A&A kit. I knew that I should be able to at least get some traction in 2nd at least. Lots of people blamed the tires. "R888s suck, need a bias ply blah blah." True, a bias ply would be most great with my set up, but I knew there was more in the R888s. My goal was 10s on a street tire and 140's mph. Should be no problem with 817rwhp I thought. I even took timing out until it was at 10 degrees WOT and it still spun. Alright, this sucks. **** this.

I talked with Blownbluewouldlookbetterblackz about my issue. He tells me Delrin bushings, Viking coilovers double adjustable are a great start. I look up Delrin bushings. After many reviews and research, I ended up going with Borg Motorsports. Lane was great to deal with and offered lots of help. The kit is amazing. I opted for the PTFE kit which I waited to buy during black friday. Little more than the basic kit, but I want no maintenance. Ever buy something that costs a lot of money but it doesn't wow you? Lot of car parts like that. Exhaust comes to mind. Borg isnt like that. I feel like I got my moneys worth and more. The fit and finish to the packaging, just outstanding. Would not hesitate to buy again if I needed to. That and Lane offers support and great customer service. Before and after the sale.

Viking shocks. Quality is great and doesnt break the bank. Fit well and work really nice. Can not wait to test them at the track.

Here is where it all comes together, Bret (blownbluestillbetterifitwasblackz). I couldnt have done it with out you. I am beyond pleased with the car. Bret recommend the setup and also spec' d the springs on the shocks front and rear. He knows his **** and is a great friend above all.

Brett also has some other tricks and tips to get the set up working. Ill let him disclose those.

Oh, Bret and I have some big plans this summer for some fun stuff I will be documenting in a future thread.

Cliff notes, car hooks on the street with 800rwhp with a non drag radial in 60 degree weather now. Drop the hammer in 2nd and shes gone. First works well if you roll into it.

Last edited by Podium; 05-17-2019 at 06:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Borg Motorsports (05-27-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 10:06 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

that lamborghini blue is WAY better than any black, good sir.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:49 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by _zebra
that lamborghini blue is WAY better than any black, good sir.
I have to disagree amigo. I was just givin Bret some crap.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:34 AM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Awesome that you are hooking the power. I did several things like you mentioned and even a set of tubular rear control arms. All the work done by Bret. I do make a little more power than you so we will see.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:49 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

How do some simple, but pricey, bushings help put the power to the ground?
Old 05-18-2019, 07:56 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
I’d guess that reduced deflection in those bushings would help with a more consistent and predictable launch, but thats just a guess. I’ve always loved the feedback of stiffer/solid bushings.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:07 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
I’ve always loved the feedback of stiffer/solid bushings.
For sure! It’s one of the best mods I have done to the car by far.

Those drag settings are pretty bouncy! I adjusted them to the “ride” settings and it was much better. It obviously doesn’t bite as hard but it’s close. It fights for traction while accelerating.

Love this set up.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:47 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Lol. sorry it took so long to step in. I've been overwhelmed trying to get Zebra's car finished up and ready for him to pick up.
If it helps, I do own a black Z06 too. I'll be putting something fun in it and selling it, I'm sure. Maybe a single turbo auto swap, who knows. I appreciate the shout-out. I can't wait to get the other items completed so you can fully enjoy the car.

Originally Posted by Podium
........................................ .......................................
........................................ .
I talked with Blownbluewouldlookbetterblackz about my issue. ........................................ .........
Viking shocks. Quality is great and doesnt break the bank. Fit well and work really nice. Can not wait to test them at the track.

Here is where it all comes together, Bret (blownbluestillbetterifitwasblackz). I couldnt have done it with out you. I am beyond pleased with the car. Bret recommend the setup and also spec' d the springs on the shocks front and rear. He knows his **** and is a great friend above all.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:56 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by ascastil
When you accelerate in these IRS cars, each side puts pressure on the rubber bushings in a way that causes the left wheel to turn outward to the left and the right to turn to the right. This happens because the front of the control arm is pulling on the bushing while the rear is pushing inward. The rubber allows it to move a few degrees, which is ridiculous. It causes there to be a ridiculous amount of energy wasted.
Watch this for a little bit of an idea of what I'm referring to. It's a little difficult to see, but it's noticeable.

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance:
hatewhatownsyou (05-20-2019), mykream (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 03:24 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Sweet baby jesus......1k in bushings.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:28 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hatewhatownsyou
Sweet baby jesus......1k in bushings.

Thats why I waited for the Black Friday sale. Was 13 percent of something like that. I also opted for the ptfe ones (which are more) to avoid potential maintenance. I would buy them again at 1k. Totally changes the car.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:43 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Looking at their photos it does seem to be a bit of work with how they have to make the custom mounting hardware to fit the bushings.

They are relying on a external circlip to hold the bushings/ arm on tho??

and great, they won’t be making any more bushing until September lol

Last edited by hatewhatownsyou; 05-20-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:35 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

so on the cheaper kit, is the only difference that you have to squirt them with silicone spray every now and then to keep them from squeaking or is there a hardness difference or something?
Old 05-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neutron82
so on the cheaper kit, is the only difference that you have to squirt them with silicone spray every now and then to keep them from squeaking or is there a hardness difference or something?

That is my understanding. I’m not trying to take the arms apart every other year or whatever f that
Old 05-20-2019, 04:50 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hatewhatownsyou
Looking at their photos it does seem to be a bit of work with how they have to make the custom mounting hardware to fit the bushings.

They are relying on a external circlip to hold the bushings/ arm on tho??

and great, they won’t be making any more bushing until September lol

No, it physically cannot slide out when installed correctly.

No more more until September? That sucks
Old 05-20-2019, 05:13 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

No, it physically cannot slide out when installed correctly.

No more more until September? That sucks

He’s getting a new lathe so no production till then

and I was mainly talking about if that clip broke, it would no longer be tight

Last edited by hatewhatownsyou; 05-20-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

The solid goes to the outside and are opposite of each other. Check out his youtube

Get notified of new replies

To Blownbluez Borg Motorsports Viking=Hooking 800rwhp on the street!

Old 05-20-2019, 05:26 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

That is my understanding. I’m not trying to take the arms apart every other year or whatever f that
if you have to take it completely apart then yeah I agree, screw that... I wonder if just spraying the outside would be enough and the lube would work it's way into the bushing or you could drill a hole and install zerk fittings
Old 05-20-2019, 05:29 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

I did, but didn’t think about that! Good point.

one last question and I’ll stop being annoying.
Are they steel or aluminum?

Last edited by hatewhatownsyou; 05-20-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:11 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neutron82
if you have to take it completely apart then yeah I agree, screw that... I wonder if just spraying the outside would be enough and the lube would work it's way into the bushing or you could drill a hole and install zerk fittings

I thought about that to.

Alignment tomorrow!

Playing around with the viking settings. Its alot of fun. Thought I found a nice setting (recommended handling by Viking) but when I got on crappy city streets it was a little bumpy.

Quick Reply: Blownbluez Borg Motorsports Viking=Hooking 800rwhp on the street!