C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impeller swapping.... or a hybrid blower

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 09:42 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Impeller swapping.... or a hybrid blower

I googled it and literally find no info,
I’d assume mainly because most people don’t have the ability to do it or most sane people would just swap to a ysi

BUT.....

What are some obvious issues if I put a ysi impeller and housing on a t trim?
Yes, I know it literally won’t just bolt on... but I can make a new “hybrid” housing with v7 impeller to mount to a v3

I wouldn’t be able to spin it as fast due to step up ratios
probably need better bearings
i could make a stronger shaft if that’s a possible issue

I want more horsies and I don’t feel like dropping the cash to trade up.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

I am sure with access to the right machines, design equipment for things like altering the volute to accept the bigger wheel and then make the pieces needed that it could be done. BUT with everything being smaller in the overall diameter of the housings and ability to flow air, I don't see the gains being worth all the work. Its not going to be just swap a couple things or make a few things. Sell your v3 and find a nice used v7 to keep the cost down. I am betting there will be quite a few v7/2200's available soon with the bigger head units coming out semi-soon(at least in the advertising).

Quick Reply: Impeller swapping.... or a hybrid blower