C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrades prior to 1/2 mile event next weekend

Old 06-15-2019, 09:59 PM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default upgrades prior to 1/2 mile event next weekend

I haven’t been very happy with the tune on my car and also a little worried about the fuel pressure so this week I’m having a smaller pulley (3.8 to replace 4”) and the A&A single pump auxiliary fuel system installed and then tuned and dynod next week. I’m hoping to get 9-10psi and 600+ rwhp with rock solid fuel pressure at 60psi! Current dyno is 584 but the tune is crappy (stumbles & bucks in low rpm driving) and I’m only getting 7psi at the most .... and the fuel pressure drops to 55 and worries me, which is why I’m ditching the BAP and adding the auxiliary system that will convert my later C5 returnless style fuel system to a much better return style, which Andy at A&A says will keep my fuel pressure solid at the rail.
Then next Sunday I’m running at the Pikes Peak Airstrip Half Mile event and hoping to have a blast and put up some good #’s! I’ll update after the dyno and then again after the racing event.

Last edited by RockyMtC5; 06-15-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:16 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 803 Likes on 529 Posts

haha... sounds familiar.
i was told during tuning that my fuel pressure was getting low up top & the injectors were maxed to compensate, so like a civilized human being that don't want to blow the motor i just spent so much fixing up, i converted to a return style & put in a bigger pump... so like any other psychopath who subsequently had to pull the balancer to fix a seal decided since there was fuel to support it now, i may as well replace it with an OD balancer.
when does it stop?!
The following users liked this post:
RockyMtC5 (06-16-2019)
Old 06-16-2019, 09:55 AM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Yea had I known this disease would get worse I would have stopped at bolt ons. I sure hope this puts me at a place where I’m happy at least for a couple years. I’m happy with the power but I just don’t want to lose fuel pressure and blow up ;-/
Old 06-16-2019, 04:56 PM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Hope it all goes smooth. When the mod bug bites, some people get it worse than others.

Get notified of new replies

To upgrades prior to 1/2 mile event next weekend

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: upgrades prior to 1/2 mile event next weekend