C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 01:23 PM
ChrisTinaBruce
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available?

From all leaks the C6 is more of a upgraded C5 than a totaly new platform. Will this allow current TT & SC systems to be adapted quicker for the C6? Instead of waiting 3 to 5 years like the C5?
Old 07-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Trey395
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available? (Frisco Kid)

The complaints I've heard from every manufacturer about the current systems are that GM has made subtle little changes on the location of accessories. This makes the tuners unhappy because they have to fabricate special brackets and routing/plumbing depending on the model year of the car. This is why you have supercharger systems for 97-99 and 2001+. My guess is that even though the C6 will probably be very similar to the C5 (from a base standpoint) there are bound to be numerous other little things that complicate the issue. I'd plan on having to wait...

The only difference being I've heard several rumors from GM that the numbers the C6 will put down will be incredible. The quote I heard was something to the effect of "GM raised the bar significantly on the C6 and the engineers took it and shattered it." So there may not be a big demand for heavy power-adders. This is assuming that isn't all rumor-mill hype...
Old 07-02-2003, 03:12 PM
STAGED
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available? (Frisco Kid)

Some things can't be done (the development parts that actually take the most time) until a production or finalized prototype (such as the prototype V10 Ram at Hurst shifters now) is done. The TT LPE pkg. debuted about one year after the C5 intro. Given the higher enthusiasm for boost Vettes than ever before I think there will be plenty of donar vehicles come C6 intro. So don't be surprised to see a TT pkg. for the C5 even sooner this time around; all assuming that the C6 doesn't have special packaging issues that make a well routed turbine/compressor system impossible.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:16 PM
STAGED
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available? (Trey395)

The only difference being I've heard several rumors from GM that the numbers the C6 will put down will be incredible. The quote I heard was something to the effect of "GM raised the bar significantly on the C6 and the engineers took it and shattered it." So there may not be a big demand for heavy power-adders. This is assuming that isn't all rumor-mill hype...
Even though L98s, LT1s, and LS1/LS6 cars have good gains with mods, one would think that with the newer cars finding hp is harder to find. It seems the LS1/LS6 may offer less with simple bolt-ons but I think they offer more than even when it comes to N/A heads n'cam upgrades. So I'm wondering about how fast a heads n'cam upgraded C6 would be given that such mods will be applied toward even larger displacement than ever on some trims!!!

Get notified of new replies

To If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available?

Quick Reply: If the C6 is just a upgraded C5, How soon will TT & SC be available?