C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo Tech Stage X Twin Turbo Revealed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:12 AM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Turbo Tech Stage X Twin Turbo Revealed!!

Hi Guys,

It’s Time to shed some light on the new Turbo Tech Stage X twin turbo kit.
As a lot of you know, George and I have been working on this for quite some time, and it has seen a lot of ups and downs along the way.
The kits still has a few details to be ironed out and needs its limits to be tested, but its close enough to being complete that I feel confident it’s a world class system.

Background
All testing to date has been done on a forged 346cui motor with middle of the road cylinder heads that flow 270/220cfm with 2.02”/1.60 valves. Compression is 9.2:1 and uses Stock GM MLS head gaskets. It is topped of with a LS2 intake,rails and a 90mm TB with Motoron 60# injectors. It also has full accessories and stock water pump etc. All tuned simply with LS1 edit, mostly on the street .

Performance
I am still gathering data, and admittedly keep blowing up the drivetrain playing and tweaking it. It has gone 10.72@136.71mph (3570# race wt.) in the ¼ mile on its one hairy pass before getting tossed by the tech crew. On the dyno, let’s just say for now that an IDIOT can make 650/650 hp/tq to the tires on pump gas with average hardware. I recently tried to turn the wick up and ran 18psi on good fuel, and as you probably read the thread (I Gota Vent) It destroyed yet another beefed up rear end. I will put the data together when it’s done and post it, but it will have to wait a bit.

Main Components
Revised Cast Manifolds.The Durable cast manifolds have been changed to flow more and accommodate a T3 turbo flange. The continued use of the steel castings was decided on for their ability to last for an indefinite period of time supporting the weight of the turbos.

T3/T4 hybrid ball bearing turbo’s with custom wheels.
I think we have finally settled on a trim for the kit, its been trial and error to find the middle ground. Balancing the feel on the street while being able to flow enough to make serious power up top turned out to be quite challenging. On paper they will flow more than enough for 1000hp to the tires. At 750hp to the tires we are currently operating in the 70% or higher efficiency range.

Revised down pipes. This was the neatest trick on the whole project, We took the custom turbo using an internal gates and modified them to utilize external gates. Its packages well and is actually even easier to install that the original designs. The downpipes are all stainless steel Tig welded construction and are a piece or art. A lot of attention went into the details of the downpipes, things like soft radiuses and the blending in of the bypass gas softly into the exhaust stream.

Wastegating
We are currently using the new Turbonetics all stainless body wastegates. This is the first time I have used them and they have proved to work quit well. As I said before its externally gated with a lot of adjustment. These are pics from below assembled.

There is a whole lot more. But, by now your prolly bored to tears reading.

Phil

Last edited by RoadRebel; 10-15-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:21 AM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweeeeet. When will Stage X be released to the general public and what kind of IC will it come with?

Mark
Old 10-15-2004, 09:27 AM
BigLew
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In the loop

Hey Rebel, things are looking great so far. I have a Mag at its limit, and am getting ready to forge and do something else. Keep me in the loop on how things are going. Any ideas on where to start the forge process?? mlewis@gbf-inc.com
Old 10-15-2004, 09:32 AM
Z06GMAN
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

Phil, Congrats. Looks like another great option to go with. Can't wait to see it.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:42 AM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

More Pics.. MORE PICS....

system looks great.

How about the IC and intake piping.

Also.. are you using a pump on the oil returns? I could not see one from the pictures.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:44 AM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wow... that looks like a huge improvement over the original tti. congrats on taking it to he next level.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:11 AM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 368 Likes on 315 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

A few questions, what turbos, when and how much?

Could you post a dyno graph too?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Phil
Now I like the looks of that kit. What size turbos are you running? Whats the largest compressor you cant fit? Whats the chance of a T04 Flange?
Phil
Old 10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
sacsrpc
Racer

Those downpipes look sweet, nice job on packaging everything into the minimal space.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Bill Reid
Le Mans Master

REALLY nice work Phil! Congrats to you and George for hanging in there and finishing the development work
Old 10-15-2004, 11:57 AM
F1_SS
Burning Brakes

Very nice looking kit.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:13 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Really Nice looking System, and from your other post, it sounds like it puts out some SERIOUS power! Do you have more pics available? GREAT job!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:14 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mdhmi
Sweeeeet. When will Stage X be released to the general public and what kind of IC will it come with?

Mark
Intercooler is a big single front mount air to air. I am trying to talk him into offering the Air to water that I am curently using. But, he feels there is to much internet "Mis-information" about the air to water and its not worth fighting the battle. Maybe if enough people harrass him about the Air to water he would do something .

Phil
Old 10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BigLew
Hey Rebel, things are looking great so far. I have a Mag at its limit, and am getting ready to forge and do something else. Keep me in the loop on how things are going. Any ideas on where to start the forge process?? mlewis@gbf-inc.com
Pistons and rods...put it back together..

NO rocket science, I'm running JE 3.905" forged pistons with 6.125" callies rods.

Phil
Old 10-15-2004, 12:22 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1Vette1Ty
More Pics.. MORE PICS....

system looks great.

How about the IC and intake piping.

Also.. are you using a pump on the oil returns? I could not see one from the pictures.

I have some pics, but the stuff is kinda hidden. The piping is shy and doesnt want to be seen...haha

The turbo are stategicly placed for sure, they do NOT need a scavange pump. That was high on the list of requirements we put together. It actually drains much better than the stage I and II systems.

Phil

Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Very very nice.

Looks like quality work and good turbo size planning.
I need to read better.. Who is producing this kit? Not TTi themselves?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Reckless808
Instructor

Excellent information Rebel! Looks like George and the gang has a winner! Fastech is an authorized TTi dealer and installer. We also tune on site and can offer low compression engines if needed! Keep the great info coming!

Get notified of new replies

To Turbo Tech Stage X Twin Turbo Revealed!!

Old 10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

The kit will/is available from Turbo Tech.

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/

The turbos are a custom Turbonetics Ball bearing T3/T4 hybrid, best of both worlds. We tested a bunch of different things bigger and smaller and this was the best trim level of the bunch. I certainly would not run this at the 5-7 psi range on a stock motor unless its temporary . The current stuff they offer is much suited for stockers, this is for people steppin it up......

Phil
Old 10-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Sent PM
Old 10-15-2004, 02:01 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

Very cool, I can't wait for the day when I can afford a setup like this

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Stage X Twin Turbo Revealed!!