C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A OR ECS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:47 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A&A OR ECS?

Does anyone know what the differences are between the intercoolers? I have heard that ECS uses Andy's set up but has their own intercooler set up.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

We make our own intercoolers here. The kits are totally different. I will post a comparision pic of the two intercoolers after I finish my sandwich
Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by CHRIS NJ C5
We make our own intercoolers here. The kits are totally different. I will post a comparision pic of the two intercoolers after I finish my sandwich

Take care of that sandwhich and let me know!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

We need to find more work for you, you have time to type and eat at alot.
Jon
Old 01-12-2005, 02:49 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vettethret
I have heard that ECS uses Andy's set up but has their own intercooler set up.
You heard wrong. The ECS IC is much larger than the A&A as well the pulley/tensioner setup offers more belt wrap.

Mark
Old 01-12-2005, 02:56 PM
creighton
Burning Brakes

How does the installation ease stack up to the A&A kit? Does anyone have pics of the ECS kit. I can't find any pics of the kit on their site.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mdhmi
You heard wrong. The ECS IC is much larger than the A&A as well the pulley/tensioner setup offers more belt wrap.

Mark
So I suppose this would equate to more power? More efficent denser air charge?
Old 01-12-2005, 03:32 PM
BlackMagicC5
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by creighton
How does the installation ease stack up to the A&A kit? Does anyone have pics of the ECS kit. I can't find any pics of the kit on their site.
Good question, I wonder what the difference is in installation.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Here is an old pic of the two intercoolers side by side. We have since upgraded our intercooler to a 4" outlet to match our polished ducting without any reducers. There are substaintial differences betwen the two kits, although both are very good, we feel we have a slightly better engineered set up. All our bracketry is CNC'd for exact tolerances, it is also thicker to eliminate any chance of flexing. This problem becomes more previlent when belt slippage is eliminated. We also supply a custom tensioner, like every vehicle manufacturer, when you increase torque in the engine you must increase strength of the tensioner. With every kit we also include a new bracket for the fixed idler next to the power steering pully and all supplied pullys are double bearing, powder coated aluiminum instead of plastic. We are also the only company out there that has a bracketry system to increase the strength of the factory power steering bracket. Upon high H.P. slick launches we have actually bent several factory power steering brackets. We use this on kits with the F1 or F2 head unit. Our ducting is also all aluiminum to act as a mini intercooler.
We do feel that A&A makes a good product and we hope this thread does not turn into a pissing match, we simply wanted to clairify the differences. We also do not go out of our way to sell these kits to the do it yourselfers (although we do). It is kind of along the lines of why LPE does not sell their TT over the counter.
Our s/c kit does cost more when you look at it initially, but if you take into consideration that we include every piece necessary from the fuel system to a complete upper and lower radiator support finished, ready to swap, and the difference in materal costs, it's really more bang for the buck.

Last edited by CHRIS NJ C5; 01-12-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM
creighton
Burning Brakes

Those pics are nice. Do you have any installed pics that I could see?
TIA
Old 01-12-2005, 04:05 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... With every kit we also include a new bracket for the fixed idler next to the power steering pully and all supplied pullys are double bearing, powder coated aluiminum instead of plastic.
Did one of your six rib customers break the factory piece?

ECS makes a terrific kit. That IC is a work of art.

Mark
Old 01-12-2005, 04:05 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

Very nice. I'll be calling you a little later. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:10 PM
blownbyecs
Racer

as i said in other post i have eyed up both kits closely... look at my screen name and guess who has the superior quality...
Old 01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
asmokegars
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by blownbyecs
as i said in other post i have eyed up both kits closely... look at my screen name and guess who has the superior quality...
Old 01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Geneus
Le Mans Master

Just send a pm to pbadad here on the forum...he has a picture gallery over at the Z06vette.com site which has a bunch of pictures of his ECS S/C install. I'm sure he'd send them to you.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:45 PM
SR71
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blownbyecs
in YOUR opinion.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:16 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I can vouch for the ECS kit! I have a tendency to want a little more HP than the average Joe (ok, maybe more than just a little) and their kit has seriously evolved in the past few years, in accordance with customers higher HP demands to always be ahead of the competition.

Look at the quality of their parts and using them is a very easy decision!

ECS isnt exactly around the block for me, but I wouldn't go ANYWHERE else!

Hint to future ECS customers:

If you want to break ALL land speed records, talk to Doug! (Picture him with a grin, rubbing his chin saying "Oh yeah, we can do that! Or even better..."

If you want to break SOME land speed records and get 100,000+ miles out of your engine, talk to Chris!

Get notified of new replies

To A&A OR ECS?

Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 PM
slamar1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

That's awesome. I did not know they were that different

I want to upgrade!!!! What's the cost of that intercooler?

Old 01-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I have to tell you guys, I have spoken to CHRIS several times in the past about various questions I have had and he has always been very helpful and a super nice guy and was more than happy to answer any question I had from rear end diff units, to ECS custom roll bar for verts to their AWESOME ATI Packages.

Today i spoke with his buss. partner, DOUG, for about 20 minutes and asked him many, many questions pertaining to both my N/A 427 C5R car to his ATI superhcarging package for stock LS6 motors, making 590 rwhp on only 7.5 lbs of boost, and not only was he extremly helpful and his customer service was incredible, but his knowledge on performance questions concerning C5s REALLY< REALLY<impressed me and i can say that these guys and this SHOP ROCKS BIG TIME and i know where my Z06 will be going when it time to GET BLOWN!!!!!

ps-DAVE-Thanks for your time today and great insight to the 20 questions i peppered you with and GREAT JOB you and CHRIS are doing on both your n/a and f/i appliations. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK your shop is a HUGE ASSET to the high performance modern era corvette world! BY THE WAY-Your shops marketing logo online here about ready to get blown with the hot chick is very clever and grabs you right where it COUNT!!!!!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 01-12-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:42 PM
slamar1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Quick Reply: A&A OR ECS?