Sponsored by:

Why did you park next to me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Why did you park next to me?

I don’t know about you guys but I can’t stand it when someone parks next to my car. I’m always looking for the best parking spaces far away from everyone else. Seems no matter where I park, someone always wants to come park next to me. I don’t mind other vettes or some of the expensive imports but when I see a truck or some POS next to my vette I get crazy. I’ve been lucky till now but I think I’ll flip the first time I see a paint chip in one of my doors. Is it just paranoia or do the rest of you feel the same way?

Last edited by ORANGEBROTHERS; 04-04-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:30 PM
ptdrummer54
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07
NCM Ambassador

It sounds like your car has the junk car magnet, instead of the chick magnet...

PS - we all have the wrong magnet too, and hate it when this happens....
Old 04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
BWP 5P
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I try not to judge people by what they drive, as there are plenty of idiots in expensive cars.........but it does bother me when someone just HAS to park near me
And my car is a DD and goes to the mall, etc. so I really watch where I park.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
AdamC5
Safety Car

We all feel and think the same way.

Anyone on this forum that says they don't is lying!

There are lots of retards in expensive cars, but they usually park in the front spots anyway
Old 04-04-2005, 03:37 PM
CUlookin
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamC5
We all feel and think the same way.

Anyone on this forum that says they don't is lying!

There are lots of retards in expensive cars, but they usually park in the front spots anyway

well said!
Old 04-04-2005, 03:38 PM
HARD DRIVER
Heel & Toe

I own a business at a mall, don't have a vette (yet still lookin') but I have a rare import (Vr4 only 7500 made from '91-'93) and I park in the corner where one complete side is on the curb and the other is in a non-cruising area and too far for the POS'ers to walk. ALWAYS PARK A MILLION MILES AWAY! Good for daily exercise, my car is about 200 yds from the building.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:41 PM
pinskiC5
Instructor

I always try and find one of the nicest cars in the lot, that looks well-kept, etc and park next to him/her. I figure that way I'll save at least one side of my ride, as well as one side of theirs

Gotta keep the away!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
bsmith
Team Owner

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Careful about jumping to conclusions...
If I am out in my 200,000 mile+ beater Buick and I see a Vette sitting there prone I will park next to it to keep anyone else from doing it. The Vette owner wouldnt have any idea of my intention, probably just thinks I am some moron with a POS car.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:56 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmith
Careful about jumping to conclusions...
If I am out in my 200,000 mile+ beater Buick and I see a Vette sitting there prone I will park next to it to keep anyone else from doing it. The Vette owner wouldnt have any idea of my intention, probably just thinks I am some moron with a POS car.

Very good point I would do the same thing just to protect the vette from other POS's even if I'm driving one myself.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:59 PM
midnitewolf
Advanced

Well I currently drive a 2005 Toyota Corolla S while I am waiting for my settlement to buy my Vette and I will park next to a Vette or other expensive car for exactly the same purpose a Vette owner will park next to another expensive car or on the other side of the lot. I park there because I doubt that the person in the Vette will slam their door into mine and ding up my car door.

A low cost car doesn't mean their is no pride in ownership.

B.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Ducman69
Pro

Still gives the Vette owner the heart attack walking to the car, especially if its a two door parked closely.

I always park a hundred miles in the back, and at work on the very top of the parking garage where its empty. Apparently people took notice, and I came to my car a little while back to find two coworkers had intentionally parked both their cars right next to each of my doors so that I could barely get in... Sigh...
Old 04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

When you park way out by yourself, with plenty of other avaliable parking spaces around, that's a good question. Just why does someone have to park next to your car? Maybe they think your car is in need of company. I sure can't figure it out.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,402 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by ptdrummer54
It sounds like your car has the junk car magnet, instead of the chick magnet...

Old 04-04-2005, 04:09 PM
mcronec5
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In VII Veteran

You are not the only one. They do it just to drive us crazy. I'm lucky I work with a bunch of lazy a$$&$, where I park at work, everyone I work with is too lazy to walk that far. I don't mind the walk. You know if you put velvet rope around your car someone would key it just to spite you.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
JeffC5
Melting Slicks

Location: Edmond, OK...One of the first rules of online forums: If you don't like what is said but can't refute it, attack the poster.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's always something that happens. I don't understand it either. The other day at the grocery store, I parked at the very far end. No one close to me at all. I had at least 25 spaces between me and the next car. I wasn't in there long and when I came out, there was this rusted car right behind mine. It was so rusted there wasn't much left of it. I kinda chuckled after I saw my back end was ok and they had left about a foot between. But still, WHY???
jeff
Old 04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Kanon
Instructor

IMO. I think people draw attention to themselves by parking so far out and most of it is negative. However, everybody here seems to have his of her own system to avoiding door dings. Good luck!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:24 PM
pewterwest99
Drifting

Default parking

It was said in an earlier reply, however, it is also my solution and I feel the best one. I find the most expensive car in the best condition and I park next to that one. Expensive car = Expensive repair . Even if an idiot drives it, chances are they don't want the expensive paint repair costs that come along with it

Get notified of new replies

To Why did you park next to me?

Old 04-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Ghost Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pinskiC5
I always try and find one of the nicest cars in the lot, that looks well-kept, etc and park next to him/her. I figure that way I'll save at least one side of my ride, as well as one side of theirs

Gotta keep the away!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BWP 5P

I try not to judge people by what they drive, as there are plenty of idiots in expensive cars.........but it does bother me when someone just HAS to park near me
And my car is a DD and goes to the mall, etc. so I really watch where I park.
True. It occasionally happens to me, however one time I came out of the store and saw a POS next to my car and got a little angry. Before I could think any further the guy was right behind me and said: "I'm sorry if I parked too close to your car but thats a great car - I've always wanted one and I had to check it out. I didn't want to touch it but just wanted to take a look." It was kind of clear that the guy probably wasn't doing to well financially, but he was real nice so I let him take a look and sit inside.

Made me realize to never judge a book by the cover.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:56 PM
azmusclecar
Safety Car

Received 195 Likes on 126 Posts

GM should never call a paint "Magnetic".........or put a "Magnetic" suspension on a Vette.........it draws twice as much as a normal Vette...........I didn't think fiberglass was metal. Just goes to show me how wrong I am...almost like when I bought a big block Yugo as a daily driver, the seller told me it was completely stock.

Quick Reply: Why did you park next to me?