Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most likely cause of Service ABS, AH and TC message??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:34 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Most likely cause of Service ABS, AH and TC message??

Just went to lunch and when I started my car I get the CHECK GAGES icon in the HUD and the ABS and TC icons are lite in the gauges and the DIC is displaying SERVICE ABS, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL and SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING.

The car is going to the dealer tonight, but would like to know the most likely cause and repair.

Thanks

Tom
Old 05-04-2005, 03:49 PM
BLAZBYU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
Just went to lunch and when I started my car I get the CHECK GAGES icon in the HUD and the ABS and TC icons are lite in the gauges and the DIC is displaying SERVICE ABS, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL and SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING.

The car is going to the dealer tonight, but would like to know the most likely cause and repair.

Thanks

Tom
Could be as simple as a bad battery. Could be a fluke, its done it to me before. You can go into diagnostics mode and clear the codes and if it turns off the icons you will be fine. Or the fuse "40amp" blew. But this normally only happens during a situation that involves the pump motor activating. Good Luck!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by BLAZBYU
Could be as simple as a bad battery. Could be a fluke, its done it to me before. You can go into diagnostics mode and clear the codes and if it turns off the icons you will be fine. Or the fuse "40amp" blew. But this normally only happens during a situation that involves the pump motor activating. Good Luck!
Check the battery and ground points first. If you take it to "them" and you have a shyster service guy, they're liable to screw something else up.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Benpup
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Had the same problem and tightened my ground wires.
Most likely the one near the left rear tire, drivers left.
I think it is either 401 or 402.
Loosened it, cleaned it with electrical cleaner and tightened it back up again.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

It went in to the dealer at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I trust these guys so I have no fear of any BS. I'm under warranty so cost isn't an issue. I just wanted to be armed with some knowledge when they complete the work and I pick it up. I'll report their findings and fix when I get the car back.

Will they need access to the OBD port? I have a Top Down Window Valet installed.

Thanks again.

Tom
Old 05-05-2005, 09:12 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Check the connections to the wheel sensors. When one of them is loose those Warrnings will pop up.

Rember to NOT park on an incline, wait 20-30 sec after you start your car to drive and keep the front wheels straight for 10 or so feet when you first start out. This allows ABS to warm up properly.

Sounds kind a crazy but all these prevent the DIC Check Gauge warnnings of "SERVICE ABS, SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL and SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING."
Old 05-05-2005, 10:12 AM
silverdog
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had these messages and many others when my Power Control Module went bad. I have an extended warranty and found out that the PCM is covered by "The Generals" extended warranty. I believe it is good to 75,000 mi. Good Luck!
Silverdog
Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 AM
SGT. PYLE
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem! It was the EBCM (electronic brake controll module) and the BMPV (not sure what that is). They had to replace both under warranty and have not had a problem since. It was nearly $3K for the repairs, luckily all covered under warranty.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Dealer just called, said they found a "short" in one of the modules, (he named it but I forgot) they have a new one on order which will be in tomorrow am. They said the car will be ready by noon. And with the great spring time weather here in St Louis I was looking forward to getting out with the guys for a cruise. Cool.

I'll share the P/N when I see the final bill.

Cheers

Tom
Old 05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Snake Slayer
Melting Slicks

Received 511 Likes on 192 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by SGT. PYLE
I had the same problem! It was the EBCM (electronic brake controll module) and the BMPV (not sure what that is). They had to replace both under warranty and have not had a problem since. It was nearly $3K for the repairs, luckily all covered under warranty.
I had the same issue.. the EBTCM module is 1500.00
Old 05-06-2005, 02:20 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Just got the car back from the dealer. They replace the EBTC (sic) module, P/N 10343433. Things are back to normal.

Cheers

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Most likely cause of Service ABS, AH and TC message??

Quick Reply: Most likely cause of Service ABS, AH and TC message??