Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C drain tube - What does a modified one look like?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 03:44 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Mid-TN Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default A/C drain tube - What does a modified one look like?

I decided to do a little preventative maintenance on the Vette today. Since I have had almost every one of the 'common problems' happen to my car (Column Lock, leaking axle, battery leak) I figured the drain tube clogging was probably the next item. I bought the car used, and I have no way of knowing if the drain tube was previously modified. I looked at it a little while ago, and it's draining fine, but I don't know what a modified tube is supposed to look like. I was wanting to make sure it's modified so I don't ever have to worry about it clogging, but don't know what I should be looking for.

TIA!
Old 06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Vette 4 Fun
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JR_VETTE
I decided to do a little preventative maintenance on the Vette today. Since I have had almost every one of the 'common problems' happen to my car (Column Lock, leaking axle, battery leak) I figured the drain tube clogging was probably the next item. I bought the car used, and I have no way of knowing if the drain tube was previously modified. I looked at it a little while ago, and it's draining fine, but I don't know what a modified tube is supposed to look like. I was wanting to make sure it's modified so I don't ever have to worry about it clogging, but don't know what I should be looking for.

TIA!
Non-modified tube will be simi round at the bottom, you modify it by cutting off the bottom round part.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Vette 4 Fun
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JR_VETTE

TIA!
Non-modified drain tubes will be simi round at the bottom, you modify it by cutting off the bottom round part.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:19 PM
JR_VETTE
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Mid-TN Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Vette 4 Fun
Non-modified drain tubes will be simi round at the bottom, you modify it by cutting off the bottom round part.
Sweet, looks like mine has already been modified!

Get notified of new replies

To A/C drain tube - What does a modified one look like?

Quick Reply: A/C drain tube - What does a modified one look like?