Sponsored by:

prices of car covers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 AM
jawzforlife
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default prices of car covers?

I need a cover for when I store the are in the winter. I was at wal mart yesturday and they had som on clearance for $30 so I bought it. When I got home and took it out, and was make of a soft plastic material. I didnt like it at all, so I might return it.

But what would I expect to pay fopr a cover? I dont need anything fancey cuz the car will be in the garage all winter. BUt I have to look at it every day.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:15 AM
72 driver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cover

You could check Mid America Motorworks. They have Wolf Noahs for about $150.00. Not sure if your want to spend that much, but they have other options as well. Link is http://www.madvet.com/
Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

From 30-250 for a car cover. Most of the time you get what you pay for.
Then there is always the car bubble for 400+

Jon
Old 07-27-2005, 11:18 AM
jawzforlife
Pro

I'm looking in the $50 range. The car will be in the garage while storage, so it doesnt ahve to be super weather proof or anything. Just something that doesnt make me thow up when I look at it (like the wal-mart one)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Ask for one in the FS section. A good used one is better than any cheap one.
Jon
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM
BBates
Racer

I just bought a decent one for $40 at Costco. It is a generic one Medium in size. The fit is decent, it is baggy on the sides. For $40 I couldn't be happier. I just wanted something to keep the dust off during the week while it is parked in the garage.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:53 AM
jawzforlife
Pro

Originally Posted by BBates
I just bought a decent one for $40 at Costco. It is a generic one Medium in size. The fit is decent, it is baggy on the sides. For $40 I couldn't be happier. I just wanted something to keep the dust off during the week while it is parked in the garage.
What is it made out of? Sounds like what i want, but I'm not a member of Costco. But my grandpa belongs to Sam's Club. Might check that out.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:01 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Default cover

anywhere from 99 bucks on up.needs to be breathable and water resistant,too.indoor-outdoor.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:05 PM
nbaguy
Advanced

Default ca covers

You don't have to pay a whole lot; but you'll probably need to pay more than you did. Buy one that resists dust AND is breathable so moisture won't be trapped in. You should get one that is custom cut to fit the Corvette - a "universal" fit cover might cause scratches and abrasions in certain places. Mid America or Ecklers have as competitive prices as anybody. If you don't care what it looks like during storage (ie. the fancy two tone covers that cost over $250.00) a grey or tan one would work just fine.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
2004SpiralGrey
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nbaguy
You don't have to pay a whole lot; but you'll probably need to pay more than you did. Buy one that resists dust AND is breathable so moisture won't be trapped in. You should get one that is custom cut to fit the Corvette - a "universal" fit cover might cause scratches and abrasions in certain places. Mid America or Ecklers have as competitive prices as anybody. If you don't care what it looks like during storage (ie. the fancy two tone covers that cost over $250.00) a grey or tan one would work just fine.

I just got the two tone stowmsheild...It should arrive today. I ordered it on 7-4-05 so finally I'll get to use it.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:21 PM
rickko
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've now accumulated 4 covers over the past 8 years. Two fit my Caddy STS and two my C5 or Allante.

I've got the STS and Allante outdoors 100% of the time now. The STS has a $300 Noah (material like nylon) cover on it and the Allante a 19.95 general purpose cover (heavy, breathable). Both work equally as well outdoors!

I remove the covers about once or twice a week to drive the cars. No abrasions though they are in the wind, sun and rarely rain.

The third cover material (that I don't use) feels like a nice sock, cotton or wool-like. Its very heavy, weight-wise. Its perfect for indoors, useless in the rain.

The fourth cover is a general purpose cover. Its nice but I don't use it. Good for indoors.

I recommend you get a $30-$50 general purpose cover since it'll never see weather. It will remain like new in that case and serve you well while your car is in storage.

..rickko..
Old 07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

This is what I use and recommend for most C5 owners ($89.00):

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...TD5HT2SMWE7421

The "general-fit" covers may be fine for garage use only, but once you use them outside, and a stiff breeze comes along, you'll be cursing that cover in short order.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
jawzforlife
Pro

Originally Posted by Dave68
This is what I use and recommend for most C5 owners ($89.00):

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...TD5HT2SMWE7421

The "general-fit" covers may be fine for garage use only, but once you use them outside, and a stiff breeze comes along, you'll be cursing that cover in short order.
that does look like a nice one, I like the mirror pockets.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jawzforlife
that does look like a nice one, I like the mirror pockets.
It's those mirror pockets that really help to keep the cover in place during high winds. I've used this type of cover for 4 years now (My C5 is driven to work every day and the cover is always on the car.) and it has never been blown off. The cover is a little bit stiff at first, but after you wash it once, it softens up considerably. It is also VERY light.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:20 AM
BBates
Racer

I just checked out mine this morning. It is made from a soft fabric called Block It. It is not nearly as nice as the $90 model from Ecklers. Mine does not have the mirror pockets so the side are not form fitting, but for less than half the price it does the job I need nicely. My cover will never see any weather inside my garage, it is strictly to keep dust off my Vette when it sits for a while. Good luck with your decision.

Get notified of new replies

To prices of car covers?

Quick Reply: prices of car covers?