Sponsored by:

[Z06] Borla Stingers and LG Headers with 3" offroad X pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Racie
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Borla Stingers and LG Headers with 3" offroad X pipe

Does anyone have this set up on their Z? I had the LG's with Corsa Indy's and it was an exotic sound. WOT it sound sweet! The Borla's are much deeper do you think they would be to much for a daily driver as far as drone? 3" x pipe no cats...
Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 PM
illmac77
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
CI 8 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Racie
Does anyone have this set up on their Z? I had the LG's with Corsa Indy's and it was an exotic sound. WOT it sound sweet! The Borla's are much deeper do you think they would be to much for a daily driver as far as drone?
i have that set up borla 2-tip, it sounds awsome, i dont think i would have a problem with it as a daily driver, at wot ive been told it sounds like a nascar at daytona 500
Old 09-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Racie
Burning Brakes

Default Borla

I have the Borla 2 tip stingers on already also. Do you have headers and x pipe?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Z06ufgrad2002
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have this set up on their Z? I had the LG's with Corsa Indy's and it was an exotic sound. WOT it sound sweet! The Borla's are much deeper do you think they would be to much for a daily driver as far as drone? 3" x pipe no cats...
I ran that setup for about a month. It's way to LOUD for a DD. And the police will back me up on that. Had the local law enforcement follow me around on more than one occassion. It is truly NASCAR loud at WOT. Also the drone is really bad at low rpms.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:38 PM
RSG_Racing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after some research and Q&A with people that had dyno tested a few diff set ups... i ended up with the stock Z exhaust manifold, into a Bassani off road X, into a Borla merged X, into the two tip borla stinger. more power for sure, and it is very loud compared to when i had just the stinger on. you WILL be seen, heard and FELT at both normal take off and WOT. at a steady speed it is not too bad, just need to turn the radio up if you want to hear it well. it sounds like the rear hanger springs are rattling when you rev it way up and let off sitting still. don't think they were made to handle the force of the air blasting thru at high rpm. i will pull them off and see. then if i feel a bracket/support is needed, just make one of solid metal to replace the springs.

i like it better than stock. a muscle/sports car should be heard as well as seen.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Racie
Burning Brakes

Good point I feel the same way about muscle cars. Ours is exactly that a sledge hammer in a velvet glove. I'm going to try my LG's and offroad X pipe my wife may not like it but she's not in but the weekends anyway. I can always trade with someone or do sound dampening later. Thanks for the input RSG_Racing
Old 09-08-2005, 08:57 PM
illmac77
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
CI 8 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07

yep LG's, high flow cats and x pipe. i also have a partition to dampen the sound alittle
Old 09-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Mirek
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

I have that exact set-up (LGM, X-Pipe, Stingers). It is not bad at idle but the resonance kicks in pretty heavy at 2500 rpm. It sounds ok but I do get tired of people asking "what kind of exhaust do you have on that thing" I think I am going to switch to the z06TI so that I can kick butt and people will know the car has more than "loud mufflers" -- That gets annoying. You can hear it at WOT for well over a mile.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:21 AM
fasterz06
Advanced

I have the two tips Borla stingers and I am a daily driver and its loud but AWESOME !!!!!!. The Z06 its a sports car as we all know and the sound must go along with it. The original exhaust should be used as a key chain or plumming. Go for the Borlas if you like the NASCAR sound.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:38 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Seen/HEARD/FELT-- I bought my Z with SLP long tubes/hi flow cats/H-pipe/3"exhaust running into the stock mufflers and tips. Normal driving is great(can have a conversation in the cab). I've been told at WOT at the track that not only could the other guy hear me coming(because my 60' sucks) he could feel my car through his tires.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:48 PM
RSG_Racing
Advanced

although loud, i am still not tired of the sound. all that have heard and felt the DBs have liked it except my X-wife... go figure! she thinks it is TOO loud. LOL...
Old 10-07-2005, 07:00 PM
dragon84
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same setup your asking about. I love it and its a DD. My hotrod buddies always tell me it sounds mean as hell when I blow by them. If you want to hear it give me a call haha.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I've got Kooks w/ cats and Stingers... great sound and very comparable to Mike's (Illmac77). The car is fine for cruising especially with a partition in and nice and loud when at WOT.

Get notified of new replies

To Borla Stingers and LG Headers with 3" offroad X pipe

Quick Reply: [Z06] Borla Stingers and LG Headers with 3" offroad X pipe