Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!! Headlights will not go down!:(

Old 04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
BadYellowCorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP!!!! Headlights will not go down!:(

I was changing the 194 bulb in the turn signal on my brothers 98 C5 today. After I got the bulb changed and put the little black housing thing back around the headlights I went to turn off the lights. When I turned off the headlights the lights went off but the headlights stayed up, so I tried flashing the high beams hoping that might make them gone down but no luck. I tried checking some of the fuses but could not find anything that would work. I also manual cranked down both lights and then tried to turn the headlights back on but no luck!

Can somebody help me out with this problem. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading.

Derek
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Sounds like the headlight actuator located under the passenger side headlight somehow got unplugged. You probably will have to remove the bezel on the headlight to be able to see underneath the assembly. You also might have to manually crank up the passenger side headlight.

Can you hear the headlight motors running?

Another thing could be the switch on the turn signal stalk I suppose.

If you can't hear the motors turning, you might also check the fuses in the fusebox next to the battery. Fuse #3 and #4 are 10amp fuses for both motors - but the likelihood of both fuses blowing is pretty slim....
Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 AM
BadYellowCorvette
Melting Slicks

Anybody else have any ideas?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:33 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

There's also an obscure fuse in the passenger footwell that controls the motors (#6 I think). I managed to blow it when I was working on the lights once. Its not labelled as having anything to do with the lights. I found it by a trial and error random check.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:39 AM
BadYellowCorvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DeeGee
There's also an obscure fuse in the passenger footwell that controls the motors (#6 I think). I managed to blow it when I was working on the lights once. Its not labelled as having anything to do with the lights. I found it by a trial and error random check.
Thanks DeeGee! Maybe that's what it is.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!!!! Headlights will not go down!:(

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP!!!! Headlights will not go down!:(