Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List of owners with EBCM ISSUE ?? ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 03:50 PM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 01 has the c1214 code..it came on on the drive home(not the test drive of course!) from the dealership I purchased it 2.5 years ago. Some starts it's there and I can clear it and everything works, some starts its not there and everything is working, and some starts I can't clear it and I have no tcs or abs...I tried cleaning the connections with contact cleaner and no fix...I know I can remove the ebcm and send it to appArently fix but I wish there was an easier cheaper option???
Old 03-14-2015, 09:59 AM
benspeeder
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Follow up post - My Airbags is awesome - they did refund me when my repair didn't correct the problem - trustworthy company!!!
Old 10-09-2015, 09:49 PM
gillman123
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is someone still counting EBCM Failures - C5's ???

My 2004 Coupe w/ 67,000 miles on just threw the C1214 HC code and my Extended Warranty expired at 66k miles !@#!

My local Mechanic got a quote from GM for $1100 parts and he said it would be only $100 labor (he admitted that it was plug-n-play)

I attempted to pull the unit last week-end but my arthritis is kicking my BUTT.... so I may just pay the guy to get a replacement.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:17 AM
BLUICIDE
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by gillman123
My 2004 Coupe w/ 67,000 miles on just threw the C1214 HC code and my Extended Warranty expired at 66k miles !@#!

My local Mechanic got a quote from GM for $1100 parts and he said it would be only $100 labor (he admitted that it was plug-n-play)

I attempted to pull the unit last week-end but my arthritis is kicking my BUTT.... so I may just pay the guy to get a replacement.
Hello again. I'll try to make this brief. Sooo, we just "threw" a new cam in an 04 Comm Ed Z06. AFTER the MAF, 02 sensors, etc were reinstalled, the car (PCM) threw every code you can imagine, several of which were a (imho) result of the "surgery" done.

Used an after market MIL code reader RESETTER. Is it ok to say which one (here?)

Runs like a bat outta Hell. No codes, no "Check Engine" / crap. Seriously, once reset (after the "surgery") the PCM is "learning the new aritmetic of the new cam, lift, duration, fuel pressure, etc., etc.,. If I hadn't witneesed it and been a part of the process, I wouldn't believe it either, thinking, "OH WTF NOW??????????" Yet, after the MIL and all of the other codes have been reset, the owner has nothing but smiles, SO FAR. Time will tell. Understand, the car went completely DC-VOLTAGE DEAD for a period of time ("surgery"). Once we got'er started, and running again, with rechecking connections, redoing grounds, etc.,

I'll say it. ZERO codes, no issues. Take this for what it's worth, but, if you follow basic instructions and understand WHY DC VOLTAGES AND CONNECTIONS ARE SO IMPORTANT, you'll have a head start in troubleshooting your GREMLINS.

Did a "properties" analysis on my Vette folder.

Done a LOT of research.

Courtesy of this forum.

As many have said, pull your codes Read a lil. Start with the simple things. YOU'D BE AMAZED. Ask me how I know.

Many thanks to the previous more knowledgeable experts! I'm not one, just reiterating.

Quick Reply: List of owners with EBCM ISSUE ?? ??