Sponsored by:

replace front fascia with stock or tigershark

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 PM
VetteFish
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default replace front fascia with stock or tigershark

I have some damage on my front fascia of my QS Z thanks to a little curb . It was quoted roughly $700 to fix, so I was thinking I might as well just replace it with a new one. How much do stock front fascia's cost? Also, post pics of your tigershark front fascia's. How much those run these days?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:17 AM
sebringsilver97coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock looks way better than the tiger shark in my opinion. im sure im the only one that thinks that though. the tiger shark doesnt even compliment the design or style of the car. looks like those front bumpers people put on eclipses and civics that look nothing like they way they should.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:57 AM
BSiegPaint
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I just replaced the fascia on my car this evening... I went back to stock. Discounted price from the dealer was around $530.00 for the part, $500 to paint and finish at another local shop. I did the removal of the old nose and the installation of the new one myself. Easy to do. I thought about the Tigershark front end as you are, but the lowest price I found was $899 I believe, then add on the $500 to paint and finish, but extra labor just in case there are fitment issues might add on to that. I've got to say I can't remember anyone complaining about fit or finish on a Tigershark front, but I'm always wary of non-factory pieces. Changing to the Tigershark was not something I wanted to do myself - if I had the paint shop do all the insurance work, I might have gone through with the change. You make the call! See one in person if you can. Figure out for yourself if the additional cost is worth it.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:09 AM
slverc5
Melting Slicks

Got mine from Jon at 21 MC. He had a sale but I think the regular price is about $760 for the front kit -non foglight. If you call him he might give you an actual shipping cost as opposed to a set shipping price. And about $300 for paint, so total cost me a little over $1K, installed it myself otherwise it would have cost me another $200 to have it installed but the fit is perfect, I didn't have to modify anything. Also have a QS color. Here are some pics

Godd luck on your decision and hope this helps!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Trainman-2
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I love mine and get a lot of complements

The big front vent with the screen catches a lot of bugs...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 AM
b98
Le Mans Master

The Tigershark front is for really cool people. Which one do you want.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 AM
RTSVET
Safety Car

I love my TS w/fogs it looks alot better than stock in my opion.

I got mine from 21centurymusclecars at the GP they had a few months back the total cost to paint and parts was around $1300.00 and i installed it myself and that saved me around $200.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

TS is the shizzle for my nizzle

Needs to be done right... but when done right it really changes the car's look and gives it a very exotic feel.

The first time I took the car out cruizing w/ it on I was asked multiple times if it was some kind of Ferrari... that was
Old 12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
woody7978
5th Gear

Default I am toying with this mod also info please

Has anyone posted an install in progress,Will the stock fog lights work? do you use the brake vents? is this the same meteral as the stock front,is it flemsy?What is the difference between the fog or non fog light version?It looks as though you would get a lot more air and would undate the C5.Are there any paint problems with it being flexable and who would you trust to paint one?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind that the TigerShark front end will make your Corvette more difficult to sell, once it comes time for that. My vote is definitely to stay stock. Good luck!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Allzwell
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

<--- staying stock

You may find one of these guys that have to have the TS that will sell you their old stock one cheap!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Vetteoholic
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Wow I think that looks pretty nice I probably won't go that route though. I like the stock look personally ~ looks good though
Old 12-04-2006, 02:00 PM
RTSVET
Safety Car

Originally Posted by woody7978
Has anyone posted an install in progress,Will the stock fog lights work? do you use the brake vents? is this the same meteral as the stock front,is it flemsy?What is the difference between the fog or non fog light version?It looks as though you would get a lot more air and would undate the C5.Are there any paint problems with it being flexable and who would you trust to paint one?
I didnt keep pics of my install but it was strait forward, the stock fog lights work without any problems, the TS comes with new brake duct vents, the TS is made out of the same stuff as the stock frontend but it seems to be alot thicker with very little flexing, the fog version has holes in the screens so you can see the lights and comes with the mounting brackets to mount them, the non fog has no holes in the screens and no mounting brackets like the z06 frontend has, when i installed mine i had a Blackwing on my car and had to remove it because of al the air that was coming into the airfilter which was causing alot of turblance in the intake and makeing my car want to die at 45 mph when you let off of the gas to coast around town so i took the blackwing off and installed a z06 airbox and now my car runs great without any problems and i cant tell any difference in the way she runs.
the body shop that did mine had no prolem with paint matched perfect.

And as for the comment of making the car harder to sell is a bunch of SH** if you ask me.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

Most Corvette owners are mod-averse and prefer all original cars, even today. You happen to be seeing more of the ones who like mods since you frequent CorvetteForum.com. Remember that the majority of Corvette owners and potential buyers are not here on this site.

I am personally not strictly mod-averse but would not have purchased a Corvette with aftermarket bodywork after my previous experiences with it on other vehicles, and I did pass on several cars I saw that had either aftermarket high-rise hoods and one that had non OEM wheels (they were Z06 Motorsports replicas in that case).

Obviously, it's OK to disagree with me...just wanted to share my line of thinking, since it was an issue that came up when I was looking to buy.

Steve T.

Originally Posted by RTSVET
...And as for the comment of making the car harder to sell is a bunch of SH** if you ask me.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by woody7978
I have lots of pics of mine.... I'll throw up a few.

The fogs work w/ the foglight version of the kit. Thie version includes the side screens w/ light holes and new brackets. You modify your stock brackets and use them in conjunction w/ the new ones to move the lights lower and a bit more forward to work w/ the new location.

The kit also comes w/ new brake ducts... I had to modify mine b/c I also have DRM cooling extensions as I track my car.

The bumper is urethane but it is thicker and stiffer than the oem one...

In all I love mine.... the quality and fit is better than my oem facia. My stocker didn't line up w/ the fenders in the wheel well but the TS is dead perfect. Also, I've run a few track events w/o any problems in air flow. I have a Vortex Rammer air box so it gets air from the radiator cavity anyway.

Some pics...

Old 12-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,282 Likes on 13,960 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

IMO, the TS front end is one of the best looking pieces for the C5. Sure you can run into a potential buyer that wants the car completely stock, but there are plenty of buyers out there that would love to have a car with the TS components on it.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

I would never disagree with that. I'm just saying that the pool of potential buyers may be smaller...so might be worth considering if it matters to the person considering the factory fascia versus the Tigershark fascia. I certainly have nothing against the Tigershark part, just figured the poster wanted as much feedback as possible.

If I brought up a point that wasn't originally considered...then great! If no one agrees with me, then that's OK too!

Get notified of new replies

To replace front fascia with stock or tigershark

Old 12-04-2006, 10:51 PM
VetteHunting
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I have lots of pics of mine.... I'll throw up a few.

The fogs work w/ the foglight version of the kit. Thie version includes the side screens w/ light holes and new brackets. You modify your stock brackets and use them in conjunction w/ the new ones to move the lights lower and a bit more forward to work w/ the new location.

The kit also comes w/ new brake ducts... I had to modify mine b/c I also have DRM cooling extensions as I track my car.

In all I love mine.... the quality and fit is better than my oem facia. My stocker didn't line up w/ the fenders in the wheel well but the TS is dead perfect. Also, I've run a few track events w/o any problems in air flow. I have a Vortex Rammer air box so it gets air from the radiator cavity anyway.

You can barely tell you moved from your living room to your garage in the two pics where they are back to back.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

I agree with most that the Tigershark would most likely hurt resale, however I plan on keeping my car cause I modded the sh*t out of it. I love the TS look especially with the chin spoiler. The chin spoiler is low so it is not for everyone and IMHO with the chin spoiler you need other mods to balance out the cars looks. I just "unloaded" my hood, front fascia, and rear fascia for $300. I was just glad to get them out of my garage. I am sure you could find good deal on factory front if you look. Good Luck with your car

Scotty
Old 12-04-2006, 11:01 PM
harleyvette
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Cobra4B]I have lots of pics of mine.... I'll throw up a few.

When you painted they front bumper did they have to blend the paint into the fenders and hood?

Quick Reply: replace front fascia with stock or tigershark