Sponsored by:

Dynamat or sound deading how much?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:02 PM
unlvrebel
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
i know this is an old thread but it seems to have a lot of knowledgeable people...

I was looking at dynamat, but clearly it's overpriced.. and not exactly the best.

It seems bquiet is a better option? It's a bit confusing the overflow of information here. What about this ensolite stuff?

I want to reduce noise inside as much as possible... of course I am not a fan of adding weight so I want to know what exactly I should be looking at.

I'm more concerned with road noise, vibrations, etc... than heat insulation lol. AC and heating work in the car just fine for me

It's been ten years since this thread I am sure technology has advanced and prices have dropped lol... someone chime in?
I used the
Dynamat bulk pack Dynamat bulk pack
as found on the super saver site... I didn't think that $300 was a terrible price.

Took just shy of two packages. Did the cabin, doors and trunk area of a vert. Eight months later, the results are mixed. Knocked a couple of decibels off based on a non-scientific app for my iphone. Anecdotally, I think there is a difference. I also installed a complete stereo system. So maybe the new speakers would not have sounded as good without the deadening...

Last edited by unlvrebel; 07-25-2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Add
Old 02-20-2020, 11:11 PM
71VETTEWI
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at Second Skin, Lots of good information and descriptions of Sound Blockers and Sound Absorbers. Basically put Sounds Blockers down first then a Sound Absorber (Foam) They have a Heavy Butyl and Foam product that has worked very well for me.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:55 AM
pauly1119
Drifting

Received 401 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'11

I have a set that came with my car that I have zero intentions of installing as I already have a cadillac in the driveway, if anyone is interested I can sell it and ship it plus shipping cost. I have no idea what brand or how much they are. Box is pretty big. It looks like the foam with silver backing.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 AM
TonicR6
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pauly1119
I have a set that came with my car that I have zero intentions of installing as I already have a cadillac in the driveway, if anyone is interested I can sell it and ship it plus shipping cost. I have no idea what brand or how much they are. Box is pretty big. It looks like the foam with silver backing.

I might be interested. Is it this?

https://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?...t_detail&p=273

Does it have each part marked for where the location of the insulation should go?
Old 02-21-2020, 01:08 PM
pauly1119
Drifting

Received 401 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'11

Originally Posted by TonicR6
I might be interested. Is it this?

https://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?...t_detail&p=273

Does it have each part marked for where the location of the insulation should go?
It looks like that set to me, I never pulled it all the way out of the box. Its in my back storage room and its raining, when it lets up Ill pull it out and take a look. Theres probably a label in there too.

Last edited by pauly1119; 02-21-2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:09 PM
TonicR6
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pauly1119
It looks like that set to me, I never pulled it all the way out of the box. Its in my back storage room and its raining, when it lets up Ill pull it out and take a look. Theres probably a label in there too.

Let me know what you find. I am going to send you a private message.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:28 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

The foil faced foam stuff is designed for heat insulation. Sound insulation (Dynamat or similar) is heavier and self adhesive, so it also damps vibration of whatever panel it is attached to.

Quick Reply: Dynamat or sound deading how much?