Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone interested in changing the color of their Gauges Faceplates?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:00 AM
mtndv8
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tstar
What happened to your DIC buttons???? Also your shifter PRNDL looks like pooh pooh!

Tim
Ya! Exactly!!
I used the Neo-Wedges in the DIC. Not sure why they ended up so dim.
I've got a bunch of 5mm & resistors left over from the Radio mod and a spare DIC that I'll mod the tstar way! If needed I'm sitting a on quite a few 3mm and 10mm LED's as well.
I'll try to match tha HUD side too, while I'm at it. Mahalo for the email explaining the "how to".

:o Um, ya. Silly of me to think you wouldn't notice I haven't done that one yet. :o
I have several blue led strips laying around and I'm toying with the idea of using one in there.
Considering the proximity to your HVAC beacon, I figured it needed the somewhat brighter than a regular 194 blue LED could provide.
Of course THAT means the Neo-Wedges in the door switches won't be bright enough and I'll be re-doing those next...

recognizing addiction is the first step in recovery

Last edited by mtndv8; 12-31-2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: context
Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 AM
mtndv8
Drifting

Storing mine is a ying and yang thing. I get to totally gut the car if I want and take my time working on this or that with no pressure. It keeps the milage and wear and tear down for the next owner too!
Yep, double edged sword for sure. I can relate, sort of. I have spent a considerable effort in time keeping mine together enough to drive while doing these mods. I've only owned mine just over a year and a half and now being without it makes me cranky. Again, that's why I say my hat is off to folks who (for whatever reason...) store their car(s) for winter.

One of my pet peeves in here are the "drive it like you stole it" owners getting on the "store it" owners for storing theirs over the winter.
...truth be told;
Like me, their not mentally tough enough to deal with the separation anxiety...
Unlike me, they emotionally lash out at that which they fear most.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by mtndv8
Ya! Exactly!!
I used the Neo-Wedges in the DIC. Not sure why they ended up so dim.
I've got a bunch of 5mm & resistors left over from the Radio mod and a spare DIC that I'll mod the tstar way! If needed I'm sitting a on quite a few 3mm and 10mm LED's as well.
I'll try to match tha HUD side too, while I'm at it. Mahalo for the email explaining the "how to".

:o Um, ya. Silly of me to think you wouldn't notice I haven't done that one yet. :o
I have several blue led strips laying around and I'm toying with the idea of using one in there.
Considering the proximity to your HVAC beacon, I figured it needed the somewhat brighter than a regular 194 blue LED could provide.
Of course THAT means the Neo-Wedges in the door switches won't be bright enough and I'll be re-doing those next...

recognizing addiction is the first step in recovery
Let's swing this over to my NEW Interior LED Mod Thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...od-thread.html

but yeah the NEOs have a VERY low mcd rating... and you'll need the 3mms in the HUD switch.

Tim

Last edited by tstar; 12-31-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:51 AM
mtndv8
Drifting

Let's swing this over to my NEW Interior LED Mod Thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...od-thread.html

but yeah the NEOs have a VERY low mcd rating... and you'll need the 3mms in the HUD switch.

Tim

Quick Reply: Is anyone interested in changing the color of their Gauges Faceplates?