Sponsored by:

Headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Enemy
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight bulbs

How do i replace the bulbs in the headlight, any pics of what i have to remove?
Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

Just remove the black surround and the bulbs just spin out like any other 9006/9005 installation. Very easy, just wear latex gloves to protect against oils getting on the bulbs......shortens bulb life considerably.

I chose to do the 9005 conversion. It puts the "high beam" bulbs in the "low beam" sockets. LOTS MORE light and no need to re-aim. Do a search for the DIY and you will be very pleased

Good Luck

Last edited by ALLEGRO; 03-28-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Replace with the same bulbs u had on the car; if you don't, you will have to re-aim the head light assembly, and that is a major PITA. I went with the Sylvania something super bright bulbs and I had to realign my head lamp assy.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by damilleniumboy
Replace with the same bulbs u had on the car; if you don't, you will have to re-aim the head light assembly, and that is a major PITA. I went with the Sylvania something super bright bulbs and I had to realign my head lamp assy.
I went with the Silvania Silver Stars Ultra and when I first put them in I had no distance at night to see, I took them out, After a month I tried again and found that they are a pita to get in right, It feels like they went in right but the first time they didn't, When I tried again I took my time and got them in right and they are a lot better than stock for sure, I would be willing to say you had the same prob I had, The light pointed to the ground about 20 feet out. I would try them again and you will be surprized.. Again, No re-aiming with the new bulbs.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:01 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill K
I went with the Silvania Silver Stars Ultra and when I first put them in I had no distance at night to see, I took them out, After a month I tried again and found that they are a pita to get in right, It feels like they went in right but the first time they didn't, When I tried again I took my time and got them in right and they are a lot better than stock for sure, I would be willing to say you had the same prob I had, The light pointed to the ground about 20 feet out. I would try them again and you will be surprized.. Again, No re-aiming with the new bulbs.
Yup those are the bulbs, and they do light way better than the stock bulbs.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 AM
day3165
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill K
Bill- I have the same issue you had (light pointed to the ground about 20 feet out) when I changed to the Silvania Silver Stars Ultra over the weekend. I thought I installed the bulbs correctly, but maybe it isn't seated properly.

I'm hesitant to adjust the aiming, because of what I've been reading about the adjusting screws breaking.

Anyway, does it help to take off the headlamp cover to properly seat the bulbs? I'm talking about removing the large body colored piece (don't know the proper name for it!). It's attached with about 6 torx screws

Anyone else have any experience with this?
Thanks! Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight bulbs

Quick Reply: Headlight bulbs