Sponsored by:

Need help with front turn signal bulb

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Dreamcruiser1977
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
East MI Events Coordinator

This was really helpful. My arm got stuck the first time try but I removed the hood adjustment screw and no problem. Thanks to everyone.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 PM
RonJ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot's of discussion on this one. I've done it from the top in a Walmart parking lot after buying a screwdriver, a flash light and a bulb.

BUT ... as long as you can get the front end up or have the car on a hoist, 5 small screws, remove the access panel and there it is. Can't be easier.

RonJ
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
silver94lt1
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I changed mine today and I opened the hood and popped the lights up removed the black piece and was able to reach down and change it.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
rodsvet
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

One thing to mention that may get past you is there is a rubber gasket that goes between the housing and the light socket. You can see it in post 19. Mine was black and some I guess are white. Mine fell off when I unplugged the socket and fell down beneath the brake duct. I didnt see it and I plugged the socket with the new bulb in it would click when I turned it but it was very loose. I thought S!@t, I must have broken the socket when I removed it. Luckily I looked at the earlier posts here and saw the gasket. I retrieved it and now all is tight and good! I did the remedy by raising the headlight by hand, removing the plastic shroud around the headlight and the hood stop. It took maybe 10 minutes and was easier for me than going through the brake duct. Thanks, Rod
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
fudge1
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have access to a jack right now so I did it from the top. Manually crank the headlamp up. Remover the black cover from the headlamp. Remove the hood stop. You should now be able to reach done and remove the bulb. Just do the opposite to replace it. It helps to have arms like a monkey.

Quick Reply: Need help with front turn signal bulb