Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 hours of Sebring-Anyone ever been?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
OttawaC5
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 hours of Sebring-Anyone ever been?

I am contemplating heading down this March but would like some feedback on things such as Accomodations, best time to get there if camping out...ETC.
I go to the ALMS race in Bowmanville and I love the fact we can pick a spot near the track to camp out at and walk around with beer in tow.
Any feedback on experiences down there would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:34 PM
trickflow
Pro

Motels are probably already booked.
If camping and you want to be by the fence, get in line the day before the gates open, I believe gates open Weds. at 6:00 AM race week
The infield camping area gets full quick, and prepare for a big party.
I camped there two years ago, but had severe storms on Thursday and Friday. All the tents and canopy's were down, so now I don't chance it and just drive back and forth. A lot of people use rental trucks and sleep inside and sit on top for the races.
Not sure if there will be a Corvette Corral this year. Last year they had one at Sebring, but none at the St Petersburg Race.
No matter what a great time
http://www.sebringraceway.com/
http://www.gpstpete.com/Event_Schedule.html
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
shakedown067
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Ah Sebring is a MUST for ALMS fans. Most camping spots are in Greenpark which gets sketchy at best. It's crazy, but fun. The 12hrs of Sebring is also known as the MardiGras of Motorsports. Can't help with the best camping spot, but if you want track side, you have to get there Wednesday, other wise thursday afternoon would do. You can still find places some friday morning but usually by friday afternoon the place is packed. We always split an RV between about 8 friends. We have two spots on the outside of turn one. Good times will be had by all. For more info, check out the southeast forum or you can also visit sebringfans.com
Old 12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
tiojames
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't been since I left Florida in 2003. Had a good friend who was second in command at Panoz Racing which has a track facilities compound there. Just went to the building, walked in front door, out the back door to anywhere on the track we wanted. Had a lot of fun there. I moved to Az. and he moved back east.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:52 PM
OttawaC5
Advanced

Where's the best place to lodge considering everything local to the track is now booked?

Get notified of new replies

To 12 hours of Sebring-Anyone ever been?

Quick Reply: 12 hours of Sebring-Anyone ever been?