Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brought the Vette out of storage today and disaster struck (spilled hot pepper juice)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Humy
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Brought the Vette out of storage today and disaster struck (spilled hot pepper juice)

I am so upset right now, I was so overwhelmed with joy today, because the Vette came out of storage - that I completely forgot to be careful and I spilled a little bit of pepperoncini juice on my passenger seat - leaked through the brown bag. I am SOL ain't I. Anything I can do? I already wiped it down with water (within 10 minutes or so of it happening), but those little f'n holes in the seat I think have screwed me. My wife is going to get it tonight
Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Z28Johnny
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't too big of deal... Spills happen all of the time. It is a car, with synthetic leather seats that are made to be cleaned up. Even if it did soak down into the cushion, it will dry up and be forgotten about.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
RJS91RGTP
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Vette out of storage and pepper sauce spill!!!

Hello Humy, where are you located in Aurora?? I am in Batavia and am happy to say I have been my Vette for months here in the western burbs when the roads have been dry etc. Got to drive these cars. I would not worry about the spill. These seats clean up nicely. You might have a little smell for a while but that should be it. Are you doing the Caravan to BG this summer for the museum anniversary? Are you in a local club??

RJ

Old 03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,280 Likes on 13,958 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I don't think it will hurt anything as long as you have it wiped up off the seat surface. You might try a soft toothbrush to get into the perforations on the seating surface.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Humy
Race Director

Originally Posted by JDs00PewterCoupe
You might try a soft toothbrush
excellent idea, thanks bro
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Humy
Race Director

Originally Posted by RJS91RGTP
Hello Humy, where are you located in Aurora?? I am in Batavia and am happy to say I have been my Vette for months here in the western burbs when the roads have been dry etc. Got to drive these cars. I would not worry about the spill. These seats clean up nicely. You might have a little smell for a while but that should be it. Are you doing the Caravan to BG this summer for the museum anniversary? Are you in a local club??

RJ

I am a little west of Fox Valley Mall
I was really involved in the local Vette gatherings in 2001 and 2002 when I first bought the Vette, kind of gotten out of it for the last 5 years. Might look into getting back into it, now that I am married with a kid

Get notified of new replies

To Brought the Vette out of storage today and disaster struck (spilled hot pepper juice)

Quick Reply: Brought the Vette out of storage today and disaster struck (spilled hot pepper juice)