Sponsored by:

Corvette C5 3D Raised Steering Wheel Emblems Available

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
0Vette Works Intl
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by circlesport
Got mine at Carlisle this year and couldn't be more impressed with the look.
Thanks Brian.
Your Very Welcome!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:06 PM
0Vette Works Intl
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by s'noJob
Well, it's been several weeks now since I installed the steering wheel graphic and airbag letters.

They look so great I can hardly take my eyes off them (he pauses for effect.)

One thing, though. After using the adhesive promoter pen, there's a bit of residue around the lettering on the airbag. What can I use to remove this without it leaching under and perhaps lifting the letters?

A little dish soap in water should do the trick..if you do mess a letter up just let me know and i will replace it..we manufacture so many letters that we end up with extra loose letters when the doming machine messes up..i save them all just in case somebody needs a letter
Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Works Intl
A little dish soap in water should do the trick....
Sounds like a plan - I'll let you know the results.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the return policy? Do you have a storefront in case I am near Tampa? I have been through several stickers and haven't found what I am looking for yet (something that doesn't look like a sticker).
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

A little dish soap in water should do the trick.....
Sounds like a plan - I'll let you know the results.
Well, I wish I had a better report, but unfortunately, the dish soap didn't make much of a difference. I'm tempted to try turpentine on a Q-tip, but I don't want to mess it up. It is noticeable enough to want to clean it up - but no so much as to risk raising the letters. Does the promoter pen come with clean-up instructions?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Logo

Your product is one of the first items I bought for my C5 Z . That was well over a year ago , still on with no problems still looks great along the the dash letters
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
0Vette Works Intl
Former Vendor

Well, I wish I had a better report, but unfortunately, the dish soap didn't make much of a difference. I'm tempted to try turpentine on a Q-tip, but I don't want to mess it up. It is noticeable enough to want to clean it up - but no so much as to risk raising the letters. Does the promoter pen come with clean-up instructions?
what the primer 94 is is a bonding agent to help the 3m adhesive on the backs of the letters stick..the reason we put it in the bag is because a lot of people don't clean the dash well so the primer 94 acts as a saftey if they didn't.lol you must have really got it on there if soap and water didn't take it off...you can try maybe gue be gone..which is a citrus based remover...i had a guy a few years back take the primer 94 and rub it all over the dash becuase he thought it was a cleaner for the dash i think he used gue be gone to get it off but make sure you hit the areas you het with Armor All or something.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
0Vette Works Intl
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JaxEagle
What's the return policy? Do you have a storefront in case I am near Tampa? I have been through several stickers and haven't found what I am looking for yet (something that doesn't look like a sticker).
We guarantee them to stick or we will replace them. You have 30 days to return them. We are the manufacture so we just have a warehouse and not really a store front..if you are in the tampa area we do sell our logos to The Corvette Shop on dale mabry and Davies Corvette on US19
so you could stop in there to view our products.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We guarantee them to stick or we will replace them. You have 30 days to return them. We are the manufacture so we just have a warehouse and not really a store front..if you are in the tampa area we do sell our logos to The Corvette Shop on dale mabry and Davies Corvette on US19
so you could stop in there to view our products.
Great, thank you - I may be there this weekend and look them up.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

what the primer 94 is is a bonding agent to help the 3m adhesive on the backs of the letters stick..the reason we put it in the bag is because a lot of people don't clean the dash well so the primer 94 acts as a saftey if they didn't.lol you must have really got it on there if soap and water didn't take it off...you can try maybe gue be gone..which is a citrus based remover...i had a guy a few years back take the primer 94 and rub it all over the dash becuase he thought it was a cleaner for the dash i think he used gue be gone to get it off but make sure you hit the areas you het with Armor All or something.
The citrus based Goo Gone did not help. I then used a Q-tip with turpentine and carefully touched upon the area around the letters. A little soap & water rinsed the turpentine after leaving it set for about a minute. I could still see traces of residue, but I was able to blend them into the dash by rubbing with my finger.

Nonetheless, if it's practical, I would warn future users to apply the primer 94 ONLY within the recesses that will contain the letters.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Butrbal
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S'noJob, try GOOF OFF. I picked it up from Lowes and used it to remove the "sticky" from my drivers airbag. I would bet some of that on a q-tip would remove that adhesive primer.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 PM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Butrbal
S'noJob, try GOOF OFF. I picked it up from Lowes and used it to remove the "sticky" from my drivers airbag. I would bet some of that on a q-tip would remove that adhesive primer.
Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:06 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

The citrus based Goo Gone did not help. I then used a Q-tip with turpentine and carefully touched upon the area around the letters. A little soap & water rinsed the turpentine after leaving it set for about a minute. I could still see traces of residue, but I was able to blend them into the dash by rubbing with my finger.

Nonetheless, if it's practical, I would warn future users to apply the primer 94 ONLY within the recesses that will contain the letters.
As it turns out, my method quoted in this post has taken care of the visual nuisance (from the driver's side, anyway.) I thank all who responded. It probably didn't help that I waited weeks before trying to remove it.

If it's practical, I would warn future users to remove excess primer 94 very soon after application.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Louisiana Red
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please advise when my order will ship
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 AM
crazystevex
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh, i remember these guys i bought a raised letter kit for my passenger side airbag on ebay, I love the new look it gave the interior. I'll be ordering one for the sterring wheel soon. =)
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
subcode1
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

this vendor is top notch. Sent me the steering wheel logo and it is perfect. Had a problem with dash letters I bought from another vendor that were defective. After seeing my e-mails to the rip off vendor this person send me a new set of dash letters before he even got payment at "COST". I ordered more from him. Great product and great service.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:34 PM
0Vette Works Intl
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by subcode1
this vendor is top notch. Sent me the steering wheel logo and it is perfect. Had a problem with dash letters I bought from another vendor that were defective. After seeing my e-mails to the rip off vendor this person send me a new set of dash letters before he even got payment at "COST". I ordered more from him. Great product and great service.
I try to do what i can. Without our customers we are nothing! I appreciate you all and I am happy to do whatever I can for you all lol if it wasn't for you i would have to get a real job and not be able to talk corvettes all day

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C5 3D Raised Steering Wheel Emblems Available

Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
rob-cyn
Drifting

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like someone needs to get a life. If u like the emblem, buy it. If it scares you because it might rip your polo then dont !!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

I just installed mine yesterday...great product...looks great! Sorry for the iphone pics...

Last edited by FrankLP; 04-03-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM
lkramer18
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Could I get the steering wheel and airbag letters in silver if I PM you my info?

Quick Reply: Corvette C5 3D Raised Steering Wheel Emblems Available