Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Invisicord install need help!!.Thanks!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
gofastcar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invisicord install need help!!.Thanks!!!

Hi guys,
I just bought a V1 and invisicord. and my vett is with standard mirror. After I read the instructions from invisicord, i found that the instructions are not detail enough for me, since I'm "color-blind'. Can anyone post a picture of the correct connection or any instructions without " color". Thanks!

Tom

Last edited by gofastcar; 03-29-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

IIRC the Red lead goes in the farthest left plug and the green goes 2nd from right as you look at it from the rear...

my 99 is at home so I am just trying to do it by memory...if all else fails use a multimeter and remember that your car door must be closed..
Old 03-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Tony2
Racer

I believe if you go to their site they have diagrams/pictures, either way you should still test with a volt meter for the 2 seconds it would take for piece of mind........be a sad day if you were on the wrong wire and smoked something!

Tony2
Old 03-29-2009, 07:53 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good post guys im considering the inviscord also
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 AM
gofastcar
Instructor

thanks all... But any pictures? also how to remove the plug from mirror please?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:32 AM
c5biscuit
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed mine without removing the plug, just pushed the pins in the connector.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 AM
gofastcar
Instructor

Originally Posted by c5biscuit
i installed mine without removing the plug, just pushed the pins in the connector.
can I have more details? Like which line goes to which connector? ( no colors please Thanks so much!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 AM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 323 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

I have just the regular mirror and just wired an alarm scanner into it. I needed the hot wire but you need the ingition on wire. There were four wires going into my mirror. If you pull the mirror down the one on the bottom left, closest to you, (should be black) is the ground wire. The one on the bottom right(orange) is the always on hot wire. The one on the top right(also orange) is the assessory wire i believe and the one you want for your detector so it just comes on when the ignition is on. The forth wire top left was brown on my mirror and don't know what it was for.

I would try the (black) bottom left for ground and the top right (orange) first and see if that works. If the detector comes on only when you turn the key on you got the right one. If your detector comes on without the key on (you have the always hot wire) just switch to the bottom right and it should work just when the key is on.

to remove the plug i took out the little hex screw on the mount.....slide the mirror up and it comes off. There is a little tab in the front side of the plug....slip a small screw driver under it and wiggle the plug out. The plug has a little ridge on it to hold it in but should come out easy with the driver pulling the fastener out. Try not to pull on the wires, they are small.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 03-30-2009 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
gofastcar
Instructor

Thanks buddy! I tried but I only get to the one that V1 always on regardless the door open or not. But it's fine to me, since I will remove the unit and hide it, everytime I get off the car . Thanks again!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NOWUCME
I have just the regular mirror and just wired an alarm scanner into it. I needed the hot wire but you need the ingition on wire. There were four wires going into my mirror. If you pull the mirror down the one on the bottom left, closest to you, (should be black) is the ground wire. The one on the bottom right(orange) is the always on hot wire. The one on the top right(also orange) is the assessory wire i believe and the one you want for your detector so it just comes on when the ignition is on. The forth wire top left was brown on my mirror and don't know what it was for.

I would try the (black) bottom left for ground and the top right (orange) first and see if that works. If the detector comes on only when you turn the key on you got the right one. If your detector comes on without the key on (you have the always hot wire) just switch to the bottom right and it should work just when the key is on.

to remove the plug i took out the little hex screw on the mount.....slide the mirror up and it comes off. There is a little tab in the front side of the plug....slip a small screw driver under it and wiggle the plug out. The plug has a little ridge on it to hold it in but should come out easy with the driver pulling the fastener out. Try not to pull on the wires, they are small.
With the mirror down, the bottom left is black and top right is orange. When connected the V1 is only on when the door is opened? With it in the bottom right orange it is always on.

Help!
Old 04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Jon B.
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
With the mirror down, the bottom left is black and top right is orange. When connected the V1 is only on when the door is opened? With it in the bottom right orange it is always on.

Help!
Happened to me as well. The V1 WILL power itself off at about 14 minutes and 40 seconds and will not come on again until you unlock the door and open it. But, then it just re-starts itself when you turn the ignition on. I just turn it off, and have power all the time. Turning the dial takes about .5 seconds.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
mickey_7106
Melting Slicks

so i should hook up to C and B to keep the unit on at all times?

Get notified of new replies

To Invisicord install need help!!.Thanks!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Invisicord install need help!!.Thanks!!!