C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me your Sirius Radio in your C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

That looks so nice! I may have to rethink this whole project...
Old 04-15-2009, 02:12 PM
bigdougt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heres my Starbase Sirius hidden in the ashtray

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/memb...n-ashtray.html

Last edited by bigdougt; 04-15-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 AM
kk5150
7th Gear

Looks great Rich!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Baghs
Intermediate

Last edited by Baghs; 04-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----

Originally Posted by Baghs
Is that the Stilleto? that's the one I want...for the satradio on the run feature!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Baghs
Intermediate

Yes...thats the stiletto 2...I love that thing. It records live music and stores as mp3...it goes with me...it's the best add on (besides HP) to the car I have done. I highly recomend it.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Yes...thats the stiletto 2...I love that thing. It records live music and stores as mp3...it goes with me...it's the best add on (besides HP) to the car I have done. I highly recomend it.
Great! That thing runs circles around any ipod or other player...I am digging the feature that lets you save a song you are currently listening to, to make your own library...I hate uploading, burning, paying for songs, etc The Stiletto gets around all that crap. It IS the future of radio!!!!!!

Did you make that bracket holding it to the pass. side?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
riarms
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Id love to see where the antanas are
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by riarms
Id love to see where the antanas are
Yes, I forget to ask him that. And, is it using an aux in, or the FM antenna approach? I have no aux in on the stock head unit, so I need to know if the FM antenna sounds good.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 PM
87 Ragtop
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
CI X Blind Auto-X Champ

I'll try to post a picture of where my Sirius antenna is in my C5 when I get home. I am currently using the tape adaptor in the C5, but do use the inline FM Modulator on the other cars and it works great.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Rich-L
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Yes, I forget to ask him that. And, is it using an aux in, or the FM antenna approach? I have no aux in on the stock head unit, so I need to know if the FM antenna sounds good.
I used the Sirus plug in antenna adapter between the radio and the Sirus receiver and it works really well (you also need an adapter to change from the large antenna plug to the small one on the radio). My antenna is mounted to the top of the rear end over the tail lights via double sided tape, it has held up for over a year.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Baghs
Intermediate

I used the Professional Vehicle Install Kit sold by Sirius (it's on their web page...Model#: SIR-PVK1)...works perfect and no issues. No fade in and out like other FM adaptors...it's really impressive. I modified the braket that came with that kit to install as seen in my pic. The antenna I placed on the dash with sticky tape. Works well and have had no issues, but you can read in this forum several places to place the antenna. I have been thinking latley maybe putting it in the dash vent up under the window. I have the antenna wire routed around the glove box and you cannot see it at all. Looks almost professional LOL. The hardest part for me was crafting the bracket but in the end it wasn't that big a deal. Lots of bending and re-bending and some dremek work. Nice coat of flat back pait on the bracket to hide the paint flakes and looks really good. You can buy the braket from this place http://www.installer.com/mounts/chevroletmounts.html (which is where I got the idea) I was very satisfied with how it turned out.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

I used the Professional Vehicle Install Kit sold by Sirius (it's on their web page...Model#: SIR-PVK1)...works perfect and no issues. No fade in and out like other FM adaptors...it's really impressive. I modified the braket that came with that kit to install as seen in my pic. The antenna I placed on the dash with sticky tape. Works well and have had no issues, but you can read in this forum several places to place the antenna. I have been thinking latley maybe putting it in the dash vent up under the window. I have the antenna wire routed around the glove box and you cannot see it at all. Looks almost professional LOL. The hardest part for me was crafting the bracket but in the end it wasn't that big a deal. Lots of bending and re-bending and some dremek work. Nice coat of flat back pait on the bracket to hide the paint flakes and looks really good. You can buy the braket from this place http://www.installer.com/mounts/chevroletmounts.html (which is where I got the idea) I was very satisfied with how it turned out.

Fantastic...I am on it. BTW, Sirius offers some great deals to folks who already have an account...my Ford Flex subscription counts! The Stiletto is around $239 including car kit!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
87 Ragtop
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
CI X Blind Auto-X Champ

Ok.. little later than expected, but here are the pics of my antenna.

Just ran it through the passenger door and then through the back of the glove box.

Have been getting great reception with it there.

Someone had posted this somewhere else, so it definately not an original idea of mine, but the way the search has been working today... I'm not looking
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 87 Ragtop
Ok.. little later than expected, but here are the pics of my antenna.

Just ran it through the passenger door and then through the back of the glove box.

Have been getting great reception with it there.

Someone had posted this somewhere else, so it definately not an original idea of mine, but the way the search has been working today... I'm not looking
thanks...never would have thought of that location...I bet Siri-*** deosn't know about that one for the vette.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Dan Wachowski
1st Gear

Default Info needed please.

Originally Posted by WKMCD
Sirius, NAV, IPOD, Movies, etc.

Hi, I'm new to.the forum and Corvettes. What is the system shown in the picture? My wife saw this and now wants one for her 04 convertible. Thanks for your time. Dan
Old 09-17-2017, 09:58 PM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

This thread is from 2009. Here is a less old thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ius-radio.html

Quick Reply: Show me your Sirius Radio in your C5