Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Brand New Vette Tray 2 for the Z06/FRC....

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Check it out here...

Corvette C5 Z06/FRC Vette Tray 2
Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 PM
flynbyu2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Any upcoming holiday specials for the tray/partition combo?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 AM
IMPIMP329
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I can do that......

How about this.....the new Vette Tray 2 for 199.99 shipped and add the partition for $50 bucks (yes I said 50). All shipped for free in the lower 48 states...

So that is 249.99 for everything shipped....

Good till Dec 31st...

Order below...

Corvette C5 Z06 Vette Tray 2 and Partition

Thanks,

Jim Vose
Jim, is this still available? The site price is @ $269.99
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by IMPIMP329
Jim, is this still available? The site price is @ $269.99
Yes, I fixed it.....
Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
mfarmdawg
Intermediate

Ordred mine, can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Bulldogger
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered this from you guys along with a whole lot of other stuff. Looking foward to getting it.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Bulldogger
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, just got this set-up for my 2003 Z06 and it is awsome. My wife looked at it after the 1 minute install and stated "WOW that really finishes off the car I love it" If my wife is happy so am I. Money well spent
Old 12-17-2009, 10:20 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Bulldogger
Okay, just got this set-up for my 2003 Z06 and it is awsome. My wife looked at it after the 1 minute install and stated "WOW that really finishes off the car I love it" If my wife is happy so am I. Money well spent
Glad you like it....

Post some pics when you have time!!!!

See ya,

Jim
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 AM
mfarmdawg
Intermediate

Mine came in and fits car perfectly. I've gotten many compliments on it already. Thanks for a great product!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by mfarmdawg
Mine came in and fits car perfectly. I've gotten many compliments on it already. Thanks for a great product!
Cool....glad you like it!!!!

Thanks for the post,

Jim
Old 02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
IMPIMP329
Instructor

We just released our new Vette Tray for the C5 Z06....We incorporated all the feedback we have gotten from customers on our original Vette Tray and used them to produce the Vette Tray 2.

Made of MDF Board, it is a very solid solution that weighs in at 23lbs. It is cut to fit the C5 Z06 and FRC perfectly with two compartments that are virtually hidden to casual eyes peering in.

Carpeted inside and out, it is an excellent storage solution for the C5 Z06/FRC. It also can be used with or without a partition and is compatible with most all partitions on the market today (fully compatible with all Southern Car Parts Corvette Z06/FRC partitions).

Check it out here...

Corvette C5 Z06/FRC Vette Tray 2
Jim, I just pm'd you
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Must_Have_Z
I have the 1st gen partition and tray, and I think I like it better than this 2nd gen. I love the idea of the lids over the compartments, but at only 1 3/4, it kinda limits what you can put back there... The open areas of the 1st gen are kinda nice to have when you just need to keep something in place so it doesn't roll around behind you! Both trays are excellent mods though!
Thanks.....Some folks really wanted the lids, so hence the new version...Both are great products and do what they are supposed to do.

Thanks for the feedback..

Jim
Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Mtnvettes
Racer

I can do that......

How about this.....the new Vette Tray 2 for 199.99 shipped and add the partition for $50 bucks (yes I said 50). All shipped for free in the lower 48 states...

So that is 249.99 for everything shipped....

Order below...

Corvette C5 Z06 Vette Tray 2 and Partition

Thanks,

Jim Vose
Jim, I am interested in your Z06 bundle offer with the vette tray and partition along with the rear compartment covers. Are the covers attached to some reinforcing so that objects will not fall through? I know the middle well cover from my 02 coupe fits perfectly in my 02 Z06, but the covers on the wells adjacent to the fenders do not fit. Also, are the well covers the same color as the partitions? What would be the price for the bundle, Vette Tray 2 plus partition plus the well covers? How much additional for the Z06 cargo mat that goes over the well covers? I would assume that the shipping is free in line with your offer for the Vette Tray 2 + partition. Thanks for your response.

Last edited by Mtnvettes; 03-04-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mtnvettes
Jim, I am interested in your Z06 bundle offer with the vette tray and partition along with the rear compartment covers. Are the covers attached to some reinforcing so that objects will not fall through? I know the middle well cover from my 02 coupe fits perfectly in my 02 Z06, but the covers on the wells adjacent to the fenders do not fit. Also, are the well covers the same color as the partitions? What would be the price for the bundle, Vette Tray 2 plus partition plus the well covers? How much additional for the Z06 cargo mat that goes over the well covers? I would assume that the shipping is free in line with your offer for the Vette Tray 2 + partition. Thanks for your response.
The center cover can hold about 40lbs..but there is nothing additional as far as support goes. Neither the side covers or the center cover fasten in place, but rather lay there. They are meant to only be used under a cargo cover (which holds everything in place). Yes, the match the Partition and Tray (but does not really matter because they should be under a cargo mat). You will probably not like them without a cargo mat because they do not lock into place.

The Tray and Partition is here....
Corvette C5 FRC/Z06 Vette Tray 2 and Partition

The Corvette C5 compartment covers and cargo mat are here....

Yes, you order it all and I will ship for free (even though the website might charge shipping). Just mention our arrangement in the order comments and I will refund the difference...

Thanks,

Jim
Old 03-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Mtnvettes
Racer

The center cover can hold about 40lbs..but there is nothing additional as far as support goes. Neither the side covers or the center cover fasten in place, but rather lay there. They are meant to only be used under a cargo cover (which holds everything in place). Yes, the match the Partition and Tray (but does not really matter because they should be under a cargo mat). You will probably not like them without a cargo mat because they do not lock into place.

The Tray and Partition is here....
Corvette C5 FRC/Z06 Vette Tray 2 and Partition

The Corvette C5 compartment covers and cargo mat are here....

Yes, you order it all and I will ship for free (even though the website might charge shipping). Just mention our arrangement in the order comments and I will refund the difference...

Thanks,

Jim
Jim, I placed the order this morning. Thanks for the free shipping and the products I was looking for.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Mtnvettes
Racer

I received the Vette 2 tray, partition, cargo lids, and cargo mat and installed them last week. They are just what I wanted for the Z06. Best part is that they are easily removable when I need the extra space. If I had one issue, it would be the smell of the particle board used in the construction of the vette 2 tray base, but it will eventually dissapate once I put it out in the sun. One question for Jim: since there were no instructions accompanying the units, I assume that the straps on the partition go the the back towards the trunk area and the stick-on velcro tape is attached to the rear side in the cargo area. One can then pull on the straps from the trunk area to set the partition correctly, and the straps don't show in the cabin area. To uninstall, just release the straps from the velcro and push the partition towards the cab; that is the way I did it.
Really pleased with all the items I have purchased and the free shipping was a great bonus. Thanks Jim, I do appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Mtnvettes
I received the Vette 2 tray, partition, cargo lids, and cargo mat and installed them last week. They are just what I wanted for the Z06. Best part is that they are easily removable when I need the extra space. If I had one issue, it would be the smell of the particle board used in the construction of the vette 2 tray base, but it will eventually dissapate once I put it out in the sun. One question for Jim: since there were no instructions accompanying the units, I assume that the straps on the partition go the the back towards the trunk area and the stick-on velcro tape is attached to the rear side in the cargo area. One can then pull on the straps from the trunk area to set the partition correctly, and the straps don't show in the cabin area. To uninstall, just release the straps from the velcro and push the partition towards the cab; that is the way I did it.
Really pleased with all the items I have purchased and the free shipping was a great bonus. Thanks Jim, I do appreciate it.
Thanks....the straps do just go into the trunk area and loosley fasten to the metal bar the runs along the width of the trunk.

Odd on the partical board smell...we do not use a partical board at all but rather MDF board which does not have any smell at all..

Wonder if it is the carpet that you are smelling maybe?

Have never heard this comment before...

Thanks,

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Brand New Vette Tray 2 for the Z06/FRC....

Old 03-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Mtnvettes
Racer

Thanks....the straps do just go into the trunk area and loosley fasten to the metal bar the runs along the width of the trunk.

Odd on the partical board smell...we do not use a partical board at all but rather MDF board which does not have any smell at all..

Wonder if it is the carpet that you are smelling maybe?

Have never heard this comment before...

Thanks,

Jim
It sure looks and smells like particle board (tan board) construction for the base of the tray. Sprayed Fabreeze on it after I took it out of the Z06 and also sprayed the Fabreeze inside the car to remove the odor. Also let the tray sit in the sun for several hours after Fabreeze application. Odors are gone now, so it is not an issue.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:48 PM
tricep
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

the cup holders don't look deep enough. I see spilled coffee....
Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 AM
khindmon
Pro

Mine should be here this week....looking forward to getting this...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Brand New Vette Tray 2 for the Z06/FRC....