Sponsored by:

headlight goes down, then back up a little

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:07 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by bmkerrdog
Installed the new control module yesterday. Guess what? I can see your a$$ at night now. LOL! Everything is working great!
Old 02-26-2015, 03:10 PM
SpaceTruckin
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head lights..

My drivers side head light goes up and down about five time when turned on. Sometimes remains up, some times requires to be turned up by hand. any ideas. My thought is its the module which I can't even seem to locate?? Help me out anyone?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by SpaceTruckin
My drivers side head light goes up and down about five time when turned on. Sometimes remains up, some times requires to be turned up by hand. any ideas. My thought is its the module which I can't even seem to locate?? Help me out anyone?
You should make a new post and it sounds like it's your gear very common. Your module is under the passenger side headlight. You have to take the black shroud off to see it. It's held on by 2 10 mm bolts. I really doubt that's it. Gear is about 40 bucks or so and easy fix. Do a search
Old 03-04-2015, 06:28 PM
SpaceTruckin
3rd Gear

Default Joy..

Thanks...
Sorry, new to navigating this forum. It seems you covered everything. I already bought the control module. Haven't had time to put it in yet. It does seem the gear on that side is bad but I didn't think that would cause the headlight to go up and down like that. It seemed more electrical to my mind. I'll do the gear first. I was going to buy a set of gears anyway before I bring it to Germany. I'm sure parts are hard to come by over there, so I'll just keep the module for me or anyone in the club over there. Thanks for the input. It is priceless for what chevy dealers charge to work on the thing for.. rediculous. My Doctor went to the wrong school. ; )
Old 09-21-2017, 07:36 AM
copflyer
3rd Gear

Default Stop tabs

Originally Posted by Chicago1
I can promise you that is your issue is the stop tab is chewed up. There are 2 of them on the driver side. You can use the other temporally until you get a replacement. Also more then likely is when you did the gear swap the adhesive did not make a good seal causing it to come loose again and rattling around causing the issue. I suggest you follow that TSB. Let me know if I'm way off on this thanks
Same problem with my C5 driver side headlight popping up. Replacing the cracked distorted stop tabs fixed the problem. Had to adjust the door a couple times after that but it's been fine ever since. Replace the passenger side as long as you are doing drivers side.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:31 AM
Eric Sr
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same issue a month or so ago, I replaced the headlight motor and the problem has been solved. Fairly inexpensive and easy fix.

Originally Posted by spoolin7
i searched and found tons of headlight threads, but none specific to this issue. i installed HIDs a couple of months ago and everything has been fine up until about 2 weeks ago. whenever i shut the lights off, both headlights go down, then the driver's side one comes back up about an inch and a half. i usually just pop the hood and manually make it go back down, but it's getting really annoying.

i really don't think it has anything to do with the HIDs since they were fine for a few weeks. also when i turn them back on, the light will go back down before it goes up. it's like the motor stops shortly after it's supposed to

Quick Reply: headlight goes down, then back up a little