Sponsored by:

New Racing/Custom Seat Option for C5 and C6

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I know a supplier for automotive materials, so can get just about anything...what would you recommend and how many yards? Forget Alcantara, though!
I would wait for now. We recently received samples of a cloth line due out in September that looks promising.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Old Rotor Head
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2
OUCH!!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old Rotor Head

We'll see how they sell but for basically $1000 more you can have new full seats and won't have to spend any money having them installed as the full seat will bolt in, but good luck to you.

If you are looking for high profit low volume then that price is probably right on.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
montac
Instructor

Nice work Mark!!

Charlie
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by montac
Nice work Mark!!

Charlie
Thanks Charlie. I know these won't meet the needs of everyone but we've received plenty of requests from people who:

1. Want to keep all their power functions
2. Not loose any headroom doing so
3. Keep their o/e color leather interior
4. Have a seat that reclines
5. Have better cornering support and harness cutouts

I'm not aware of anything fitting all those needs for double the price, but again, not everyone has all these needs.

I'd be happy to sell anyone who could use a red, yellow or blue cloth seat like below the seat AND brackets for mounting them directly to their power tracks for $539 each.

Or our last set of the black cloth, carbon fiber seats for $639 each.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by arizen
We are finishing up the tooling for a new seating option for C5 and C6 Vettes. We are modifying the seat back shown below to be a direct bolt-on replacement for the stock C5 and C6 seats. The harness holes will be a different shape (two smaller individual holes) to avoid problems with the cables for the tilt-forward option on the factory seat backs we plan to retain. All o/e functions will remain on the C5 and all but the air bags on the C6.

We will provide a new cover for the seat bottom as well. We can make them in solid o/e leather colors or with perforated inserts, suede inserts, contrasting double stitching, etc.

For those who were ready to reupholster their seats anyway, this will be a another option. For those wanting to keep their power functions but have a seat with better support, offers leather and has harness capabilities, we believe this will be the great option.

We hope to start producing them next month. We don't have difinitive pricing yet but I'm sure there will only be 3 digits left of the decimal point per seat to avoid heart failure . All those interested should EMAIL ME DIRECTLY since I have started a folder of people to update as progress continues. That will be quicker than me responding to pm's individually.
The prototype frame is completed. Those that have asked to be notified of the progress will be sent pictures when we have a covered part.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:57 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool, I'm in the market for seats. I will be watching!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Or our last set of the black cloth, carbon fiber seats for $639 each.
I left you a VM earlier today - how much are those brackets you sell and can you confirm I will GAIN headroom with your seats and brackets?

I saw some seats that come with (4) individual side mount brackets which will mount the seat lower that those 1 piece side mount brackets you show on your brackets/sliders. But it sure looks like if I did try to get the seat mounted lower, it would hit the 6pt eyebolts.

HELP! Thx.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GreekPT
I left you a VM earlier today - how much are those brackets you sell and can you confirm I will GAIN headroom with your seats and brackets?

I saw some seats that come with (4) individual side mount brackets which will mount the seat lower that those 1 piece side mount brackets you show on your brackets/sliders. But it sure looks like if I did try to get the seat mounted lower, it would hit the 6pt eyebolts.

HELP! Thx.
You can gain about 1" of headroom with the seat shown but not necessarily with other seats. If you want to get the seat as low as possible your better off skipping the sliders and using the hardbar mounts below. You can find numerous threads mentioning them on the forum.

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/cata...roducts_id=141
Old 09-10-2010, 09:47 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

This looks like a good option. I'll be watching this thread for updates.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 PM
ZombieSoldier
Instructor

can you pm me a price for that top with a matching bottom cover in ebony please?
Old 09-11-2010, 01:31 AM
GreekPT
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it not possible to get the PRICE of the brackets posted? I think you've been asked around 4 times by people so far on here.

And it's a street car that will see HPDE - so sliders are necessary as there will be different people driving the car.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 PM
kpctoy
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I met Mark on Saturday to discuss seating options for my 04 Z. He was very accomidating, meeting me late in the afternoon Saturday and was very helpful.

He showed me a few seats as I'm 5'7 and 220#'s so comfort and fit is important. He had a few examples setup on rails and we discussed and he help make some recommendations for me.

Point being, Mark's a standup guy and you shouldn't hesitate to do business with him.

Thanks again Mark!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kpctoy
I met Mark on Saturday to discuss seating options for my 04 Z. He was very accomidating, meeting me late in the afternoon Saturday and was very helpful.

He showed me a few seats as I'm 5'7 and 220#'s so comfort and fit is important. He had a few examples setup on rails and we discussed and he help make some recommendations for me.

Point being, Mark's a standup guy and you shouldn't hesitate to do business with him.

Thanks again Mark!
Your welcome. It was my pleasure. Let me know how the set-up you choose works out.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

The prototype frame is completed. Those that have asked to be notified of the progress will be sent pictures when we have a covered part.

We have located harness cutouts that are the proper depth for the foam in our seat. The cutouts will be the same as the ones used in the seat below.

We are continuing work on the cover pattern and post pictures when a completed seat is finished.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Looking good! I think that this is going to be the option for my seat upgrade this winter.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:03 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Here is the prototype with foam.

Get notified of new replies

To New Racing/Custom Seat Option for C5 and C6

Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Those are looking nice. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What timing, my driver seat is worn ( yea, left lumbar of course), looking for either new seats or upgrading.. will await the price and see what route I want to go. Was even thinking of installing Honda S2000 sports seats in my vette (I really don't want to put Honda seats in my vette, but they are great seats).. Thanks,
Old 10-16-2010, 06:08 PM
luckyirishguy
Burning Brakes

Our target price will be $899 per seat for the new leather covered back with new cover for the bottom. I'm not sure yet if options like Alcantara inserts will add to the cost. Cloths seats will be less. Shipping should be pretty reasonable since we're only shipping half a seat.
GEEZ!
not really looking to take a loan out to get some new seats

Quick Reply: New Racing/Custom Seat Option for C5 and C6