Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have had it with this car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:59 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I replaced both my headlight motors with brand new OEM headlight motor units. Total time to remove both headlight assemblies and replace motors and reinstall headlight assemblies was around 2 to 3 hours from start to finish.

Total cost for both new headlight motors was $250.

They now work like when car was brand new again.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Tim01Coupe
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 9 year old Silverado and a 9 year old Vette. They are pretty reliable, but they do need occasional TLC. Set back, read up for another angle/solution, (some were offered) sip on some Jack Daniels (medicinal reasons of course) and jump back in.
My personal Option 'B' is a new $45,000+ Silverado and $65,000+ Vette with warranties and let someone else worry about it. I don't have an option 'B', so we will suffer together with the occaisional breakdown. Stay with it or pay an expert, it's still cheaper than $800 car payments!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:09 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by VinnyT

Last edited by peter pan; 09-04-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:51 PM
vafirevet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not want you to suffer... How much do you want for that POS broken down junker? I'll come up with my trailer and drag the junker home for you... Leave the keys and title on the dash and I'll take it without bothering you. LOL
Old 09-04-2010, 02:17 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

yeah...I dunno who has small enough hands to do it without removing the whole assembly but it wasn't me if you saw my DIY write up...mine has started sticking and not popping up... so I will someday decide to readjust it....its just a matter of not being lazy.

good luck...
Old 09-04-2010, 03:02 PM
tricep
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I WISH that headlights were the only issue I've had with my POS!

You are fortunate.

Look back into my past threads. You probably wouldn't have bought a Vette...

On and on and on it goes. You think you're fed up????
Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Cybermind
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I guess you guys never had the pleasure of owning an older Porsche. Believe me, this phenomenon happens with all fine sports cars once they start to age a bit. My previous well-cared-for Porsche 944 actually caught fire on the highway because of a persistant oil leak. My brother's Porsche 930 gave him so much grief that he got rid of it before he lost his shirt buying replacement parts.

If you want to sell because of minor problems such as a faulty headlight motor, you are probably not a good candidate for owning an older car. Older cars will always need TLC no matter what the make is. You can probably trade it in for a new car with warranty and be worry free for a few years. But, unless you have mucho bucks, it won't be a Corvette.

Last edited by Cybermind; 09-04-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Cybermind
I guess you guys never had the pleasure of owning an older Porsche. Believe me, this phenomenon happens with all fine sports cars once they start to age a bit. My previous well-cared-for Porsche 944 actually caught fire on the highway because of a persistant oil leak. My brother's Porsche 930 gave him so much grief that he got rid of it before he lost his shirt buying replacement parts.

If you want to sell because of minor problems such as a faulty headlight motor, you are probably not a good candidate for owning an older car. Older cars will always need TLC no matter what the make is. You can probably trade it in for a new car with warranty and be worry free for a few years. But, unless you have mucho bucks, it won't be a Corvette.
Well said.

Quick Reply: I have had it with this car!