Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] More Agressive Sound....budget constrained.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Pajak44
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Milan
First I had a stock C5Z. I added SLP Loud Mouths, sounded like ****.

Sold the LM's and bought Borla Stingers, which made it sound much better, decent, not amazing.

Then I did Kooks 1 3/4" headers with a catless X pipe. Now I have random people coming up to me at the track and rolling down their windows next to me on the street asking what I have done to my car because it's the best sound they have ever heard.
That is very helpful! Any drone?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
94-vette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pajak44
Is your statement based on experience, or just a guess? Obviously any exhaust will be loudest with maximum flow. However, even without headers, the stock manifold conveys significant flow.

Additionaly, sounding "good" is completely subjective; therefore, your idea of good could be completely different than what I like.

If you could be more descriptive of what "good" is, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Josh
As Milan was sayn they dont sound that great till you get LT's and ditch that little H pipe.You get a outboard sound till you do the whole exhaust!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

heres a vid of my setup...that night i was told i was shooting flames so we tried catching it on vid with me revving..didnt work tho =( lol

LTs..catless X..borla straight pipes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMC8EkrvgWQ
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 AM
PerrinPhantomZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pajak44
Thanks for the clip! They sound great! Are they the ones I see for $400+/-? How are you dealing with the drone? Is it keeping you from driving it as much as you'd like?
Ya they are listed as Off road/Race use only and run for 400 some odd dollars. I have these on an otherwise stock Z and I am gonna chime in with a couple of things.

Exciting...Scary Loud...Orgasmic at WOT... poping under deceleration....Avoidable drone until you hit a grade.

I took my car Off the mountain. Yes I live on a mountain and coming back up (A 30 min drive up a fair incline) Horrific DRONES!!! Cruising speed in 5th gear was terrible(6th was slightly better). I am young and loud things don't really bother me but for an otherwise stock Z the HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is just TERABAD and that is BAD. I think if you have to spend a lot of time driving Up long grades you should just stay away from this exhaust completely.

For the flats and just putin around town its pretty sexy. WOT is Exhilarating (not that it wasn't before I had the pipes but more so now). On wide open throttle rips you will feel as if you are in control of a very masculine muscle car (and you are)

Also you will notice some rattle in certain plastic parts of the interior near the back of the car. Apparently partitions and cargo covers drown this out as well as a lot of the drone. I don't know this to be a fact but I would assume those things would help a bit.

I am satisfied because I picked them up cheap off of a forum member and they add a nice temporary change from the car as it was stock. Until I can saddle up and buy real parts for the skunkworks of my machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTgpffbo42k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgeenAhYKUs

Last edited by PerrinPhantomZ06; 11-04-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could always make a set of replacement bolt on mufflers... Buy the mufflers, tips and have it bent up.... OR piece together a custom mandrel setup. if you have a good exhaust guy you will get it done WELL under $500 bux... more like $300 and you still keep your Ti's for a rainy day.

S

Quick Reply: [Z06] More Agressive Sound....budget constrained.