Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for kwiklift users

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Old Rotor Head
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now you guy's have give me the shakes! I found one close by that I was thinking of buying.

My C5 is lowered on stock bolts, will it bottom out? only when laying flat? I will use it as my primary parking area.

If I park on the incline how hard is it to get in and out of the Vette? I'm no kid any more.

How long is the Kwiklift, how much floor space will I need?

Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 PM
PewtVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06ster
Same here... for as long as I own my C5Z, I will own the KwikLift.

Holy cow Pewt, you drive backwards onto it!!
Grip tape is required. But yes, when parking on it, I always go rear in the air. I find it easier than going nose in.
Originally Posted by Old Rotor Head
Now you guy's have give me the shakes! I found one close by that I was thinking of buying.

My C5 is lowered on stock bolts, will it bottom out? only when laying flat? I will use it as my primary parking area.

If I park on the incline how hard is it to get in and out of the Vette? I'm no kid any more.

How long is the Kwiklift, how much floor space will I need?

I'm now lowered on stock bolts as well. I've never bottomed out. The Kwiklift is adjustable in length. Getting in and out is not difficult. Sort of like a truck. Made my tunnel plate swap out a breeze:

Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PewtVette
....I'm now lowered on stock bolts as well. I've never bottomed out. The Kwiklift is adjustable in length. Getting in and out is not difficult. Sort of like a truck....
You mean you never bottomed out when you when you drove up or down the ramp, true? I too am lowered on the stock bolts. When I placed the Kwiklift flat on the ground and used the Layflat ramps that Kwiklift sold, I most definitely bottomed out. Here are pictures I took when it occurred (I now always leave the rear pedestals attached)

Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 AM
PewtVette
Burning Brakes

You mean you never bottomed out when you when you drove up or down the ramp, true? I too am lowered on the stock bolts. When I placed the Kwiklift flat on the ground and used the Layflat ramps that Kwiklift sold, I most definitely bottomed out. Here are pictures I took when it occurred (I now always leave the rear pedestals attached)

Sorry- misunderstood. I've never tried to park on my KwikLift while it was laying flat (since it was lowered). And based on your photo, I won't be trying to either.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Hello All,
My ride is also lowered and to use my Kwik Lift in the lay flat mode I cut a few 2x4's to put under the lift, and made my own ramps from 2X10's.
My ramps are aprox 2.5 feet long and I do not bottom the rockers when driving off and on the lift.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 69
...My ride is also lowered and to use my Kwik Lift in the lay flat mode I cut a few 2x4's to put under the lift, and made my own ramps from 2X10's.My ramps are aprox 2.5 feet long and I do not bottom the rockers when driving off and on the lift....
This is indeed an impressive solution Kevin. I considered something like this but unfortunately, due to the amount of stuff in the garage, I don't have enough room for the long lay flat ramps need (e.g. my garage door won't close)
Old 01-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

This is indeed an impressive solution Kevin. I considered something like this but unfortunately, due to the amount of stuff in the garage, I don't have enough room for the long lay flat ramps need (e.g. my garage door won't close)
Looking at your contact point where your rocker touches the lift and due to your limited space I believe your solution would be two 2X10's 2.5 feet long with one edge cut to a taper so the front wheels climb on the 2X10's, just lay the 2X10's in front of your ramps and that may give you the lift you need when the back tires are on the 2X10's as the rear wheels start to climb your ramps. when your car is on the lift, just move/slide the 2X10's under the lift.

Cheers,
Kevin
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 PM
HeadsUp
Racer

Wow an old thread of mine from two years ago. Last year I sold the kwiklift for near what I paid for it and bought a four post lift. Although the lift was very versatile the 4 post is that much more versatile. Now I have my C5 on top and project C2 underneath for the winter.

BTW, I would leave the kwiklift with the back stanchion on the casters and the front on the ground and back up onto the lift like PewtVette. As long as I was easy on the throttle it was never an issue and with no grip tape.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM
2vettes2go
Pro

Don't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Kale
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine slides wihout the casters... And I just park on it in the up position all the time.

Quick Reply: Question for kwiklift users