Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] GM Replacement Parts Made in China??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:01 PM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

https://www.saveourcountryfirst.com/AboutUs.aspx LOL>>>>
Old 12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,230 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by seamus2154
LOL!!! OK as long as your not a liberal
No way, brother. Gun-wielding, God-fearing, red meat-eating, gas hog-driving Republican here.

I just pulled my Vizio away from the wall......MADE IN CHINA!!!!! I told you everything is made in China!! LOL
That figures. At least the HQ is in California. Why can't the Amish make TVs here? LOL
Old 12-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I don't mind the Camaro's being made in Canada. My LS6 was made in Canada too and its running strong. Yea I'm a Canuck... How did you know...

Toque
Old 12-11-2010, 03:25 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Toque
I don't mind the Camaro's being made in Canada. My LS6 was made in Canada too and its running strong. Yea I'm a Canuck... How did you know...

Toque
LOL! I'll be cheering for Canada's pride and joy GSP tonight on UFC 124.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
wallifishrmn
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wasn't trying to start a trading war but this is obviously a hot button item. The main country I was trying to avoid was China. When I order parts for my 71 corvette I always ask if the parts are made in China versus the USA--if the answer is yes--China--I decline them. I assumed that since a 2002 was so new that genuine GM parts for it would be made in the USA--I was wrong.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
LEOC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China parts

They want to create jobs so they can send them over seas
Old 12-13-2010, 10:07 AM
spoon98hatch
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is hilarious. Who cares where something comes from? I buy what I want to buy based on how the end product performs not who gets the profits. Ive done two tours in Iraq and about to do my third in Afgannyland. Does this mean im going to boycot oil? No.

Pearl Harbor was a sad day in American history but lets face it, that was over 60 years ago. Sorry. Again to each his own- but thats what makes America so great we have the choice to make a choice.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Evil Oil Apologist
Racer

I spent two weeks in Moscow and three weeks in Beijing........trying to find a communist. Failed on both trips.

Lenin is spinning in his grave.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:24 PM
spoon98hatch
Pro

Originally Posted by Evil Oil Apologist
I spent two weeks in Moscow and three weeks in Beijing........trying to find a communist. Failed on both trips.

Lenin is spinning in his grave.
Lol
Old 12-17-2017, 01:10 PM
truffo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Because your attitude toward a car manufacturer headquartered in another country is based on an unrelated event that happened almost 70 years ago. People with such a closed mindset are generally of the baby boomer generation.

Nobody is asking anyone to forget history. However, that is exactly what it is---history. Past tense. Over. Nobody alive today who actually attacked Pearl Harbor works for Toyota. I don't think 90-year-old Mitsubishi Zero pilots are cashing any checks from USA Camry sales.

Why would I do that? Considering I want my kids to be smart, I would remind them that it was Al-Qaeda terrorists who attacked us on 9/11.

Certainly you aren't accusing me of not having any USA pride. Statements like that will get you hurt. "Pride" has nothing to do with this discussion. In a global economy, products and services from around the world are manufactured and exchanged daily. Sorry to burst your stars and stripes dream bubble, but it just isn't 1955 any more. You can sing "baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet" all day long, but there isn't much very American about a Camaro built in Canada with Chinese parts made by the lowest bidder. Does that make it a bad car? Heck, no. It just isn't made here. Chances are favorable that if the car was 100% made in the USA, nobody could afford it. Maybe that is a labor union discussion for another day...

What are you talking about? Nobody is acting like it didn't happen. Many of us have relatives who died in that attack. You just seem to hold a grudge against a whole country who is currently our ally. Hey, guess what? The British invaded us, too, but my girlfriend drives a Jaguar. My mom is Polish, but she drives a Mercedes-Benz.

I am sure you are familiar with the good ol' American tractor company John Deere, right? Nothing says "born in the USA" like a midwestern farmer riding his green John Deere. Well guess what US company was one of the first to help rebuild Japan right after we defeated them? Guess what US company partnered with the same Japanese diesel engine company who built the diesel engines for the Japanese aircraft carriers who attacked Pearl Harbor? Guess what US company is still using those Japanese partner engines in their tractors sold in the USA today? Yes. John Deere.

In closing, you need to check yourself. If you are a Corvette owner complaining about Japanese companies simply because they attacked us in WWII, you should sell your car. Those Chinese parts in your Vette are made in the same country who supported North Korea and North Viet Nam during those two wars...
====

Let's remember that in WW II China was our ally and Japan the enemy. Five years after the war, China was the enemy and Japan our ally. What happened? The Cold War.
Situations change, but not always in the way you might want, and you can't step into the same river twice. A country has to deal with those situations based on national interest. Individuals usually do the same, to wit the success of Wal-Mart, no matter where the goods on the shelves are made.

How did the auto industry become internationalized? My MINI Cooper was manufactured in Oxford England by BMW, and the engine was built in Brazil. In the 1970s, Japan started the process, using superior quality control methods developed by an American, W.E. Deming, that attracted Americans to reliable, affordable, and well-designed cars. It took awhile for the "Big Three" to catch up, and one way to do it was to farm out auto components to manufacturers overseas.

But don't rag on the Japanese. The country was led down a dark and destructive path by unchecked militaristic expansionists. Bad political system. But the society was turned around after the war and became a flourishing democracy. The U.S. contributed a lot to the rebuilding, and the Japanese people deserve credit for the progress. Perfect deal? No. Japan still needs to come to terms with the brutalities committed by the government throughout East and Southeast Asia. And China will soon be nipping at all automakers'
heels. Already the South Koreans are!
Old 12-18-2017, 12:38 AM
laurent_zo6
Melting Slicks

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Old 12-18-2017, 05:25 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Most corporations today are not entirely based and do not manufacture goods that are 100% American. Face it, we live in a global type economy.

American based companies will always have some operations in other countries. It is not always based on cheap labor, it is simply the cost of doing business on a global scale.

The same is true of companies whose businesses are primarily based in other countries (like Japan, Germany, etc). Japan (Honda, Toyota, etc) operate plants in America to avoid taxes and provide incentives for Americans to buy their products. Same for true for Mercedes in Germany.

That's just the way it is folks.

I am all for supporting American based companies and buying American products. However, if you are looking for 100% American owned and made, you will be looking at specialty products only. Just not how the world works today.

I will always have a special place in my heart and wallet for GM, Ford, Chrysler, and especially GM (my dad worked for GM all his adult life). GM and Ford have really stepped up their game and make great products once again (they put the engineers not bean counters back in charge). But the truth is manufacturing wise, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, and Mercedes hire and pay a lot of American workers and are bringing billions into our US economy. That's not a bad thing, it is a good one.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:44 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by truffo
====
Quoting something I said 7 years ago as your first post? Outstanding.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:04 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 223 Posts

Someone said not long back jobs were coming back to the US anybody know when that might happen .. Waiting .. Yep I remenber that guy now the one in the WH.. That's him.. Still wanting ..
Old 12-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

Well at lest BMW and MB SUV's are made in the USA.... go figure.

Mark.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:47 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Vette parts made in China.
Camaros made in Canada.
Dodge Ram made in Mexico.

But Hondas are made in Ohio and Toyotas are made in Texas. Want to buy "American" and support American workers? Go buy an Accord and a Tundra.
I've never had a Toyota I didn't love, including the Green Dragon. Most of them were made in Japan though.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:08 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by oneandgone
I've never had a Toyota I didn't love, including the Green Dragon. Most of them were made in Japan though.
Same here. All my Toyotas were Japan-made, the only way I like them:

1987 Supra Turbo
1994 Supra Turbo
1994 Camry LE
1996 Camry LE
1996 Lexus ES300

Get notified of new replies

To GM Replacement Parts Made in China??

Old 12-19-2017, 11:50 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

"love it or leave it" is my motto and would prefer made in USA but have 3 toyota's (one made in usa but prefer japan, better made from my experience) 3 vettes, newest 03Z, and 93 chevy truck, all have been superior vehicles for me. my other motto is "to each their own" including how one thinks.

Last edited by LT1driver; 12-19-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:41 PM
oneandgone
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Same here. All my Toyotas were Japan-made, the only way I like them:

1987 Supra Turbo
1994 Supra Turbo
1994 Camry LE
1996 Camry LE
1996 Lexus ES300
That's a pretty good list. I had

90 Corolla
90 Supra
94 Camry
00 Corolla
00 Corolla

That 94 or yours had 250K on it when I sold it to it's next owner. Still ran perfect.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:32 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by oneandgone
That 94 or yours had 250K on it when I sold it to it's next owner. Still ran perfect.
No way! That is awesome! Perfect car for surviving the zombie apocalypse = Toyota Camry 2.2L

Quick Reply: [Z06] GM Replacement Parts Made in China??