Sponsored by:

Look for a good Corvette body shop in the bay area/Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:00 PM
silverquick
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look for a good Corvette body shop in the bay area/Northern California

This post is specifically written for Corvette owners who look for a good auto body shop in the bay area. I have a Corvette 2 dr couple with two problems due to incompetent jobs done by two other auto body shops in Los Gatos. The first problem was the fender was lower than the hood and looked misaligned and awful. I suspect it's caused by the paint job done by the first body shop when they took off the fender, and reinstalled. I took the car back to the previous auto body shop and they adamantly denied they reinstalled the fender incorrectly. The manager claimed he needed to do research to take the fender off to find out what's going on. The second problem is wind noise on the window. Another body shop tried to adjust the window glass but noise level wasn't reduced. Both jobs were insurance jobs. In each instance, I have to bring the car back several times. I was so fed up with them at the end and gave up.

Recently, I googled "Corvette auto body shop in the bay area" and found Bedford Auto Body Shop in Mt. View. Greg, the owner of the shop opened up the hood, looked at the top of the fender, within 5 seconds, he said all he needed was to shim the fender, raised it up and realigned them. As to the window, he could try to readjust the window and see what happened. He quoted me $150. I came back a week later, left the car in the morning without any paper work as estimate. They did exactly what they told me. The fender is raised and nearly perfectly aligned. The wind noise is reduced to a tolerable level. He did charged me $150 as we've agreed. If you need any auto body work, bring it to Bedford. They are honest, responsible and do it right the first time. This is kind of a rarity nowadays.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:02 AM
jpandes
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to know. I'd love to someday have my black z06 repainted. I've have two insurance jobs done, now the drivers door and the rear bumper don't match the rest of the car...Thanks for posting this.

Quick Reply: Look for a good Corvette body shop in the bay area/Northern California