Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Rhino Ramps

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
DARRYLZO6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can understand whats popular in the corvette hobby, and for a lot of people, Race Ramps are the way to go. However I went the other way and bought a set of Rhino Ramps for about $40. Ive used them about 6 times since Ive had them. They work great, very secure, and as far as I know ,nobody has said anything about them being unsafe. And yes, they rub a bit on the incline, but the front/side spoiler is still tight. Im at the stock height. If my car was lowered, I would probably have some issues, but since I bought the Rhino Ramps, I havent looked back. I just couldnt see spending that kind of money for the Race Ramps. To each his own, its all good.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default No need to cut anything Just USE EM

Originally Posted by SaberD
i am able to get mine on rhino ramps with the stock ride height without cutting them. although it will bend the side air dam peices if you dont remove them first. they bend right back though so it doesnt really hurt anything.
Been using mine for 5 years. Got the grey 12000# ones not the black 8000# ones.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
garage-ghost
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
I have 2 12"x12"x2" pavers that I set in front of my ramps and can drive up with out issue. No need to cut up the ramps.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:28 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Bringing up an old thread here.

I have a C5 Z06 and plan to do an oil change soon. I placed the Rhino ramps behind the rear wheels and it looks like I can backup onto the ramps with plenty of clearance.

The question is, with the back end of the car on the ramps, would the angle cause the front of the car to touch the ground or cause any issues jacking up the front of the car?
Old 02-18-2018, 08:16 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

The 6" height of the Rhino Ramps is probably not enough to worry about dragging the front on the pavement.

The formula to estimate the clearance with the rear tires on the ramp platform is:

(Ground Clearance when level) - ((Overhang/Wheelbase) x (Ramp Height)) = (Clearance under front)

A rough estimate would be 4" - ((35"/105") x 6") = 2" of clearance

You would have to make a separate calculation for the air dam clearance.

If the ramp platform is in the 12" range you would have to be very careful.

I will have the ramp shown in the drawing below at the Spring Carlisle Car Show in April. This ramp is 12" high. When backing onto this extra long ramp, the front tires will reach the ramps before rear tires are on the platform and the bumper is laying on the ground in front of the car.

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Bringing up an old thread here.

I have a C5 Z06 and plan to do an oil change soon. I placed the Rhino ramps behind the rear wheels and it looks like I can backup onto the ramps with plenty of clearance.

The question is, with the back end of the car on the ramps, would the angle cause the front of the car to touch the ground or cause any issues jacking up the front of the car?
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (02-19-2018)
Old 03-10-2023, 03:35 PM
Bob Onit
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a pit in my garage

Quick Reply: C5 Rhino Ramps