New Product! C5 Corvette No Drill Stealth Splash Guard Kit!! - Page 5 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C5 General
General C5 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product! C5 Corvette No Drill Stealth Splash Guard Kit!!

Old 12-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #81
Ramets
CF Member

I must be a complete idiot. No problem mounting the front guards, but the rear is tougher. Just how hard do you have to push to get the splash guard to slide under the clip. And does the tooth part of the clip go behind the body, which is where I think it goes, or in front. Actually I can't get them to go on either way. I don't want to scratch anything by forcing it. I'm at a loss???????

Last edited by Ramets; 12-11-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM   #82
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
I must be a complete idiot. No problem mounting the front guards, but the rear is tougher. Just how hard do you have to push to get the splash guard to slide under the clip. And does the tooth part of the clip go behind the body, which is where I think it goes, or in front. Actually I can't get them to go on either way. I don't want to scratch anything by forcing it. I'm at a loss???????
Hi,

No problem. You are correct the rear clips go around the body as well as the splash guards. You may be able to open the clips slightly to make some more room, but I would be careful not to loosen them too much because you want them to be tight enough to grip and hold the splash guard while driving. You can also try sliding the clips onto the splash guard first, then as one unit push the clips into place around the body.

I hope this helps, if you need more assistance just let us know.

Thanks,
Chris

888-257-8515 M-F 9:00 to 5:00 Est. time
www.rpidesigns.com
Coupon Code : RPICHRIS5 for 5% Discount
RPIDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #83
Ramets
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIDON View Post
Hi,

No problem. You are correct the rear clips go around the body as well as the splash guards. You may be able to open the clips slightly to make some more room, but I would be careful not to loosen them too much because you want them to be tight enough to grip and hold the splash guard while driving. You can also try sliding the clips onto the splash guard first, then as one unit push the clips into place around the body.

I hope this helps, if you need more assistance just let us know.

Thanks,
Chris
The directions say to slide the guards onto the clips first, which is what I'm trying to do. The teeth of the clip goes behind the body..correct? I guess I'm just not pushing hard enough.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #84
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
The directions say to slide the guards onto the clips first, which is what I'm trying to do. The teeth of the clip goes behind the body..correct? I guess I'm just not pushing hard enough.
Hi,

I sent you a PM. We can communicate on there until we get the guards on so we don't pile on the thread too much.

Thanks,
Chris

888-257-8515 M-F 9:00 to 5:00 Est. time
www.rpidesigns.com
Coupon Code : RPICHRIS5 for 5% Discount
RPIDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • New Product! C5 Corvette No Drill Stealth Splash Guard Kit!!
  •