Sponsored by:

[Z06] Help me decide exhausts..Ti vs Corsa vs XSpower

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Birdman
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Help me decide exhausts..Ti vs Corsa vs XSpower

I've got an '01 Z with LT headers and cat-delete.

Had the Ti's and liked them..but wanted something louder..at idle and WOT. Loved their daily drivability though.

Then I got some SLP Powerflos, and they weren't quite the sound I was looking for...too much bass and not enough scream.

That said, I've done the video searching, but would like to hear how they compare to each other, from people who have heard them in person.

Ti vs Corsa Pace or Extreme vs XSpower

They all seem very similar..but want the loudest and best sounding (subjective, I know)

Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Z28TOZO6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birdman
I've got an '01 Z with LT headers and cat-delete.

Had the Ti's and liked them..but wanted something louder..at idle and WOT. Loved their daily drivability though.

Then I got some SLP Powerflos, and they weren't quite the sound I was looking for...too much bass and not enough scream.

That said, I've done the video searching, but would like to hear how they compare to each other, from people who have heard them in person.

Ti vs Corsa Pace or Extreme vs XSpower

They all seem very similar..but want the loudest and best sounding (subjective, I know)

Bullets
Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Birdman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Z28TOZO6
Bullets

No thanks.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:47 PM
P.Griffin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard nothing but great things about the GHL Bullets. Do a search and some old threads will come up on them.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Birdman
Safety Car

I have, and no thanks.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Sawbladz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had headers and Corsa Pace Cars and loved the sound. Absolutely screamed a WOT but no drone on the highway. I would recommend them.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Birdman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sawbladz
I had headers and Corsa Pace Cars and loved the sound. Absolutely screamed a WOT but no drone on the highway. I would recommend them.
Think they are louder than Tis with headers and catless? I like the scream the Tis have, but I want MORE. And I'd assume that the extremes are louder than the pace?

But then there's the XSPower, which also sound similar..

PS: Thank you for more closely addressing my question.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
P.Griffin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have, and no thanks.
That wasn't an offer.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Loudest?

Bullets or straight pipes.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Sawbladz
Chiming in to concur with the above. I also have Corsa Pace Cars with LT headers... no drone on the highway... its awesome. At wide open throttle, it's pretty loud! I never liked the sound of my original TI's.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I know the OP isn't interested in GHL's, but FWIW they are the best sounding aftermarket exhaust I've heard on the C5Z. True muscle car sound.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Zap City
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

My GHL bullets are due to arrive tomorrow. Nuff said.

Last edited by Zap City; 01-08-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM
sumit88
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have, and no thanks.
Not to instigate, but I'd be interested in hearing why your are against the GHL Bullets.

If GHL is out of the question, then I'd go with Corsa Pace Car or cat less modded TI's (in that order)
Old 01-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Birdman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by P.Griffin
That wasn't an offer.
That wasn't negotiable.

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Loudest?

Bullets or straight pipes.
Pardon my syntax, I meant loudest of the THREE I listed.

Originally Posted by Z06ster
Chiming in to concur with the above. I also have Corsa Pace Cars with LT headers... no drone on the highway... its awesome. At wide open throttle, it's pretty loud! I never liked the sound of my original TI's.
Thank you for staying on topic. AND you even compared one to another that I listed, which is great. So Corsa > Ti. We're getting somewhere now.

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I know the OP isn't interested in GHL's, but FWIW they are the best sounding aftermarket exhaust I've heard on the C5Z. True muscle car sound.
Ugh...not one of the three listed, again. Probably should strap in for more GHL comments at this point..they are coming out like roaches!

Do they have ANY drone? I don't really want the "true muscle car sound" though...I've GOT that with the SLPs, I want the higher pitch banshee wail of Corsa/Ti/etc..

Originally Posted by Zap City
My GHL bullets are due to arrive tomorrow. Nuff said.
Not really, but at least you stopped there, the less I have to read..

Originally Posted by sumit88
Not to instigate, but I'd be interested in hearing why your are against the GHL Bullets.

If GHL is out of the question, then I'd go with Corsa Pace Car or cat less modded TI's (in that order)
Thank you for being more tactful with your input of a non-specified exhaust, albeit, it's another GHL one. lol

I'm not against them necessarily, I looked them up and liked them as well, but between those and Corsa, I wound up liking Corsa better, based on all the videos and reviews about how they sound, etc. Plus, I could have sworn they have some drone to them, maybe not much (or that any a die-hard fanatic would admit to) so if you can disprove that, that's great, but still not what I'm looking for.

I like the sound of Ti, but want "more" of that kind of sound. I "could" do a bypass mod, but...would like to hear more about how Corsa (Pace/Extreme) stacks up against Ti, and XSPower.

BUT, since everyone's lost their mind (or in the majority, therefore I'm the oddball) then include these DIVINE GHL Bullets into the COMPARISON of the OTHER three exhaust that very few of you have actually cared to address.

Thanks!
(And I do appreciate mostly everyone's input, even though most of it has been wayward and in disregard to my original request).
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

BUT, since everyone's lost their mind (or in the majority, therefore I'm the oddball) then include these DIVINE GHL Bullets into the COMPARISON of the OTHER three exhaust that very few of you have actually cared to address.

Thanks!
(And I do appreciate mostly everyone's input, even though most of it has been wayward and in disregard to my original request).
Or your missing the opportunity of a great or better sounding system in the GHLs.

I had GHLs, and would put them on again for street car. I have straight pipes now.

HOWEVER the Stock Ti's are the best of the three that you are looking at.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

I went from modded Ti's to the Corsa Extremes with 4" tips and could not be happier. Louder at idle, and crazy loud under acceleration, but very smooth at cruising. Check 'em out:

(Exhaust part of the vid starts at 1:15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcOfbI4QzRw

Old 01-09-2012, 06:58 AM
MillertimeZ06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Corsa pace on stock manifold. With just catback it screams above 4000 rpm and sounds great.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me decide exhausts..Ti vs Corsa vs XSpower

Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Birdman
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Or your missing the opportunity of a great or better sounding system in the GHLs.

I had GHLs, and would put them on again for street car. I have straight pipes now.

HOWEVER the Stock Ti's are the best of the three that you are looking at.
So your vote, upon hearing the other selections in person as well, is that the GHLs scream/roar louder than the other selections, and favor a high pitch rather than a deep low? AND they have NO drone?? I just read some videos where they say the GHL have some drone..

Ok, and so of the three, you believe the stock Ti's sound better than Corsa Extreme/Pace, and XSPower. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Must_Have_Z
I went from modded Ti's to the Corsa Extremes with 4" tips and could not be happier. Louder at idle, and crazy loud under acceleration, but very smooth at cruising. Check 'em out:

(Exhaust part of the vid starts at 1:15)
THANK YOU. Exactly the kind of comparison I was looking for. Someone who went from one, to another, and thus has a preference and why. Based on this and a few other pro-Corsa comments (in comparison to the other two), it seems that the Corsas are pulling ahead.

You do have a cam though, and mine is stock, but I'm guessing that the Extremes will still be louder than the Ti's, with no drone, and have a better idle sound as well, on top of the exotic sound they make at WOT.

Originally Posted by MillertimeZ06
Corsa pace on stock manifold. With just catback it screams above 4000 rpm and sounds great.
Have you heard it compared to any others, in person, with similar setup?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 AM
MillertimeZ06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I can compare it to is open exhaust. I like loud but open exhaust sounded awful imo. I like the way a good muffler gives a smooth sound. I didn't know if I liked the Corsa at first because its more of an exotic sound over a deep muscle sound but now I'm glad I made that choice.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I too am in this same boat.. i love the tone of the corsa pace.. i believe the xs power is very close to the corsa in sound and no drone... i have stock ti on kooks lt's and orx.. and some times i want a lil more... i love the exotic pitch that the corsa has... so no ghl for me either..

Quick Reply: [Z06] Help me decide exhausts..Ti vs Corsa vs XSpower