Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where's the best place to buy race ramps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM
m6z
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where's the best place to buy race ramps?

Where's the best/cheapest place to buy race ramps? Looking to purchase a set of 56" 2-peice ramps, 8" tall wheel cribs and a couple of wheel chocks. Seems the going rate for all those things is about $350 shipped.

56" 2 peice $228.00
8" wheel crib $97
(2) wheel chocks $27

Are there any promo codes or sales right now? I'm not really interested in anything else. I'm set on the race ramps. I've always had lowered cars and truck and I'm tired of messing with the other options. Just looking for the best price.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 01-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Tucker98
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen them on Amazon also but I don't recall what the price was.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

Other than group buys (I got in on one from Race Ramps on here last year), you're probably out of luck. Prices are going to be similar everywhere, even on eBay. Just buy from the source...
Old 01-15-2012, 10:50 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Reverse Logic Limited is a CF sponsor and we would appreciate your considering us as your Race Ramps supplier.

(Updated: 03-Jul-2014):
Race Ramps regularly offers factory rebates. Sometimes these rebates are ramp model specific but frequently the rebate is a cash back offer tied to an order amount. From 01-Jul-2014 through 30-Sep-2014 you can get a $20 cash back rebate for a purchase which includes at least $200 of Race Ramps products on a single order. Combine the factory rebate with Reverse Logic's 10% Store-Wide discount (coupon code "SAVE10") and save over 20% off Race Ramps MSRP on popular ramp models like the RR-56-2. The current delivered cost of the RR-56-2 ramps is $185.20 after the factory rebate.

Reverse Logic offers three models of custom 2-stage incline Race Ramps. The RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 ramps are like the standard Race Ramps with integrated XTenders. Our newest RLL-80-2 ramps (shown below) feature a cradle top platform and invertible incline sections which can be used as trailer ramps. If your car is lowered, there is a good chance that you could use the more shallow slope on the 2-stage incline ramps.

I recommend trying the yardstick test and confirming whether or not you need the lower slope of the 2-stage incline ramps before you make your purchase.

http://www.reverselogic.us/specials.html

Originally Posted by m6z
Where's the best/cheapest place to buy race ramps? Looking to purchase a set of 56" 2-peice ramps, 8" tall wheel cribs and a couple of wheel chocks. Seems the going rate for all those things is about $350 shipped.

56" 2 peice $228.00
8" wheel crib $97
(2) wheel chocks $27

Are there any promo codes or sales right now? I'm not really interested in anything else. I'm set on the race ramps. I've always had lowered cars and truck and I'm tired of messing with the other options. Just looking for the best price.

Thanks,
Doug
Attached Images   

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 03-03-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:04 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I got mine from Fred...he will take care of you; will prevent you from making any mistakes...really knows his product!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,054 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by Must_Have_Z
Other than group buys (I got in on one from Race Ramps on here last year), you're probably out of luck. Prices are going to be similar everywhere, even on eBay. Just buy from the source...

They're currently offering a free set of wheel chocks with the purchase of their 56" 2 pc ramps: http://www.raceramps.com/free-wheel-...ps-rebate.aspx

Race Ramps will run discount ads with promo codes in magazines such as Vette, Hot Rod, Motor Trend etc. I haven't seen any lately.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

I have always bought direct when they have a sale.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:12 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default Resellers versus direct purchase

Now that Race Ramps has a large network of resellers they sell more ramps through the distribution channel than they do direct. So I suspect that you will see less direct promotions going forward. Loading up the distribution channel and then doing deep discounting on direct sales is not really a viable marketing strategy.

Most of the resellers offer free shipping and most of them also comply with the MAP policy. You won't really see any deals on eBay since the transaction fees are very high and usually exceed the profit margin on the ramps. You wont find a better deal on Race Ramps than the 10% store-wide discount at Reverse Logic (Updated 04-Nov-2013). Combine the store-wide discount with the current factory rebates and save over 20% off of Race Ramps MSRP.

One advantage of getting your ramps from Reverse Logic is that it is the only place to get the custom 2-stage incline and progressive incline ramps. We will also go the extra mile to help you decide which ramp will work with your car or trailer.

The biggest single cost with Race Ramps is the door-to-door shipping costs. There is really no way to get around that since the ramps are not typically available for customer pick-up at retail locations.

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
I have always bought direct when they have a sale.

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 11-04-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Ekul61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good Fred I'm sold. Does the yardstick test include the plastic thing that hangs down under the bumper? I'm new and just purchased a lowered car
Old 01-21-2012, 08:04 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Yes. Just place the yardstick on the inboard edge of the tire, raise the opposite end until it meets some resistance without bending the yardstick, then measure the height of the raised end.

7.25" is good enough to use the standard 56" and 67" ramps with 10.7˚ constant slope.

5" to 7.25" you should be looking at the RLL-72-2 or RLL-87-2 ramps.

Less than 5" and there is a good chance that the RLL-89-2 ramps will work. If your car is that low I would like to get some more measurement from you and graph the path of the car over the ramps.

I also attached a diagram of a cardboard ramp gauge that you could make from a scrap of cardboad 30" long. Use it to determine the approach angle on your car and then select the least expensive ramp that will work.

Originally Posted by Ekul61
Sounds good Fred I'm sold. Does the yardstick test include the plastic thing that hangs down under the bumper? I'm new and just purchased a lowered car
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Ekul61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx Fred. Your good.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:09 AM
VinnyT
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I made my own.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Race Ramps sells over 60 different ramp models including service ramps, trailer ramps, wheel cribs and other special purpose ramps. Reverse Logic offers 10 additional custom ramps which solve some edge cases not handled by the standard product line up.

You may be able to make some of the smaller ramps, which have limited use, from 2x12s. But at 4 pounds per lineal foot for 2x12s, a single ramp that is as large as the 10" high Race Ramps service ramps, can easily top 100 back-breaking pounds.

Here's a note I received this week from a CF member who appreciates the value proposition for the Race Ramps solution.

"I trailered the Vette down to the Vettes 4 Vets event, which is a track day at Talladega Superspeedway. A buddy of mine, who carries about 100 pounds of lumber for his trailer extensions, is really interested in a set. He saw me single armed, hand a ramp to my wife, who easily carried it around to the back of the trailer for unloading. He couldn't get over the difference in weight and how well they worked."

Reverse Logic currently has a store-wide discount of 10% on orders of $200 or more. We also have some Father's Day Special bundles available through 18-Jun-2013 with even a better discount.

Race Ramps hold their value very well. The initial purchase is more than a stack of 2x12s, but, the resale value is between 50% and 75%, so the total cost of ownership is very reasonable.

Originally Posted by VinnyT
I made my own.

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 06-13-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I was one of Fred's first customers here on the forum, I think he signed up right after we did our transaction; I gotta tell you he is top notch...we went round and round customizing a design that would work with my 4 post lift. He is patient and knows his product. I've had no problems at all with these ramps, and they save my butt every time I need to remove them from the lift due to their light weight. The steel ones they replaced weigh 45 lbs each...a real pain, especially when your head bumps into one while working around the lift. The Race Ramps are so light I can lift one with my pinky.

Last edited by $$$frumnuttin'; 06-13-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:05 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Default New! Race Ramps with 12" high platform

Here's one more reason to get your Race Ramps from Reverse Logic. We will begin shipping the new custom 12" high constant incline (10.8˚) Race Ramp on or about 25-Oct-2013.

The model RLL-78-2 ramps are 78" long and 14" wide and feature a 12" high platform which provides enough room to do more extensive maintenance. If your car is too low for the 10.8˚ slope, the standard RR-EX-14 XTenders can be used in conjunction with the ramps.

Because of the increased platform height you may need to use Trak-Jax or Roll-ups under the front tires when backing onto the ramps in order to avoid scraping the front bumper on the pavement.

Now taking orders for delivery targeted before the end of October.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...48&id=28869851
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,403 Likes on 610 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic
Reverse Logic Limited is a CF sponsor and we would appreciate your considering us as your Race Ramps supplier.

(Updated: 04-Nov-2013):
Race Ramps regularly offers factory rebates. Sometimes these rebates are ramp model specific but frequently the rebate is a cash back offer tied to an order amount. From 01-Oct-2013 through 31-Dec-2013 you can get an 8% to 10% cash back rebate for a purchase which includes at least $250 of Race Ramps products on a single order. Combine the factory rebate with Reverse Logic's 10% Store-Wide discount and save more than 20% off Race Ramps MSRP.

Reverse Logic offers three models of custom 2-stage incline Race Ramps. The RLL-72-2 and RLL-87-2 ramps are like the standard Race Ramps with integrated XTenders. Our newest RLL-80-2 ramps (shown below) feature a cradle top platform and invertible incline sections which can be used as trailer ramps. If your car is lowered, there is a good chance that you could use the more shallow slope on the 2-stage incline ramps.

I recommend trying the yardstick test and confirming whether or not you need the lower slope of the 2-stage incline ramps before you make your purchase.

Just ordered a set of RR-80-10-2 ramps. 10% off until the end of June and free wheel chocks. Nice deal!!

Last edited by Glennm27; 06-04-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 AM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

There are not a lot of RR-80-10-2 ramps in the field. If you get a chance please post a photo of the car-to-ramp clearance with the 8.5 degree incline sections.

Originally Posted by Glennm27
Just ordered a set of RR-80-10-2 ramps. 10% off until the end of June and free wheel chocks. Nice deal!!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:06 PM
REDHOTS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I just used my Race Ramps again today that I got from Fred to change the trans fluid. Never could use any other ramp on my smooth garage floor. I got the progressive 67 in. ramps, and the car just rolls right up nice and easy. Big help with a stick car. Between the ramps, jack and stands, the whole car was 8 inches in the air in 2 minutes.
They cost less than 1 tire or a lot of other useless things we buy. These are worth it.

Last edited by REDHOTS; 06-19-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Where's the best place to buy race ramps?

Quick Reply: Where's the best place to buy race ramps?