C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown engine -- help finding shop near Philadelphia

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 09:53 AM
mwilkens
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Blown engine -- help finding shop near Philadelphia

I blew the engine after installing an oil accumulator (ironic) due to a faulty oil return hose that developed a kink, leading to oil starvation. That's my theory at least.

Sounded like the issue was lower end, metal rattling around, my guess is a rod bearing that slipped but who knows.

I want to pull the engine and send it out to a shop to do a stroker crank, cam, pistons, and maybe an LS6 head if I can find one (+ any other suggestions).

Any suggestions for a shop within a few hours of Philadelphia?

Thanks as always

Last edited by mwilkens; 07-01-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2023, 11:44 AM
Purple92
Melting Slicks

Received 786 Likes on 541 Posts

I'd suggest East Cast Supercharging in Cream Ridge NJ. Dour Ring - the owner does spend a little time on the forum, so he may see this, but I'd suggest going to see them, and discussing what your looking t have done...
Old 07-01-2023, 03:41 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

https://www.thevetteshop.com/car-res...e-pennsylvania

Bucks County, PA maybe an hour north of Philly... Been around a long time. GOOD LUCK with the car...
Old 07-01-2023, 05:32 PM
vette4fl
Safety Car

Received 2,235 Likes on 1,297 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by mwilkens
I blew the engine after installing an oil accumulator (ironic) due to a faulty oil return hose that developed a kink, leading to oil starvation. That's my theory at least.

Sounded like the issue was lower end, mettle rattling around, my guess is a rod bearing that slipped but who knows.

I want to pull the engine and send it out to a shop to do a stroker crank, cam, pistons, and maybe an LS6 head if I can find one (+ any other suggestions).

Any suggestions for a shop within a few hours of Philadelphia?

Thanks as always
Originally Posted by Purple92
I'd suggest East Cast Supercharging in Cream Ridge NJ. Dour Ring - the owner does spend a little time on the forum, so he may see this, but I'd suggest going to see them, and discussing what your looking t have done...
Originally Posted by bc6152
https://www.thevetteshop.com/car-res...e-pennsylvania

Bucks County, PA maybe an hour north of Philly... Been around a long time. GOOD LUCK with the car...
Please make sure your recommended shops are included in our “Share Your Good Local Vette Shop” sticky thread.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...shop-here.html

Get notified of new replies

To Blown engine -- help finding shop near Philadelphia

Quick Reply: Blown engine -- help finding shop near Philadelphia