Sponsored by:

Tall guys with manuals any advice?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I'm no where near as tall as you (only 6'), but the C5 has a lot of room in it for the driver and the seat has a number of adjustments that can help. Since everyone is different in their comfort level, your best bet is to just go out and drive a few cars and see how well you fit behind the wheel. And the suggestions above are very good in terms of things to consider when looking for a car.

The C5 is a great car and I hope you find that it fits you just right. Best of luck making your decision.
with my friend Jack. Same stats for me, but because of a back problem as a young man, was ordered by my Dr.to sit closer in all cars, with my knees bent. As a result I had lots of knee/console issues with a variety of cars. None of those with the Z. I also sit with the seat as high as practical as well. (Except when I wear my top hat or conehead costume).
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Florida Mike
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am amazed at how many tall guys own Vettes. Everytime I drive mine folks laugh at why I bought such a small car for being a big guy. I remind them that NO car is really big as even my full size truck can feel small sometimes.

...and besides owning a Vette is worth the contortion it takes to get in and out of it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tall guys with manuals any advice?