1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanic needed in NJ

I live in NJ and sm looking for a C5 mechanic
Old 03-09-2021, 06:32 PM
LSgoBRRR
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 86 Posts

Vettes are not exactly super complicated cars and they are known for being very easy to work on, that's part of what makes them great. The most novel thing about them mechanically is the trans-axle. Really you can go to any decent mechanic you trust in your area for most stuff. The interior/cabin stuff is full of GM parts bin stuff, the engine design is famously mechanic friendly.

What are you trying to have done? NJ is a small state but it's not that small, you probably don't want to drive out of county to have your car wrenched....

Last edited by LSgoBRRR; 03-09-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:17 PM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,689 Posts

What part of the “Garbage State” do you live ??...what exactly do you need done. ???...I escaped there after 65 years last August and now living in the GREAT state of Florida !!
Old 03-09-2021, 08:32 PM
LSgoBRRR
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by C5 Diag
What part of the “Garbage State” do you live ??...what exactly do you need done. ???...I escaped there after 65 years last August and now living in the GREAT state of Florida !!
FL is too humid for me but I want out, the taxes are crazy, Trenton and Newark and Camden and Jersey City are nothing but anchors dragging the ship down and captain commie deserves to be thrown overboard. I've had a work from home job for half a decade but the wife insists on spending a fortune in tax to stay here and our parents are never going to leave.

I've been thinking about Tennessee, West Virginia maybe, someplace where I can get a good chunk of land/privacy on the cheap, w/ fun roads, hiking and fresh water, where the 2nd still means something, where the locals hate people from NJ and where other people from NJ are not likely to move en mass... I entertained Maine for a bit but it's not exactly Vette territory and I know I will just spend 6 months a year inside. Really I need to take a road trip and do some exploring.

Only thing I will miss is the pork roll (Case, the good ****).
Old 03-10-2021, 10:17 AM
jjc508520
Melting Slicks

Received 386 Likes on 286 Posts

I took mine to Ciocca Chevrolet (Princeton) and they have some good guys there - they fixed my AC and also replaced my halfshafts (which started clicking at 80k). I would have done them myself but got scared reading about the "big bad nut".

I have passed a place further south Corvette Medics I think - have never used them.

And of course ECS for engine/tuning/suspension.

Also the guys at Krazy House (now in Monroe) are capable....
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (03-10-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Mechanic needed in NJ

Quick Reply: [Z06] Mechanic needed in NJ