Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My C5 Was a Drug Mule

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Yep, by the photo it was used to smuggle something. Dude, you better take that ride DIRECTLY to the Po-Po and give them the story and have them give it a once over....just for the record.

Cause NO MATTER how much you like the car, or are prepared for all the hassles any time you get stopped.....it ain't gonna be funny. AND as soon as Po-Po stops you and you show your nervous...it's ON and the dogs are coming to you. NO MATTER what story you tell....it's just going to get deeper and deeper for you.

Personally, sell the car.......It's just gonna give you grief in the long run, especially if a dog catches the wiff.

The more I think about it, You know from now on when you get pulled over and the Po-Po walks up to the window(In your mind you are going to want to spill your guts about this car) and a nervous laugh is gonna give you away......Hopefully you come out smelling like rose....but probably will come smelling like vomit after the car ride back to Booking. Hopefully still wearing what's left of your britches after the drug dog eats the ^%$ out of them while you are still in them.

There is soo many ways this could end up bad for you! BUT Good Luck and maybe everything is just fine!

Last edited by sfc rick; 04-27-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:03 PM
dougbfresh
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Wonder if the car ever went thru a police auction?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM
momo20
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

i bet it was for some sort of audio equpiement
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
BTAL
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Do the police visit then buy new door panels and put it behind you.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
20vette0107fatboy
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dbartromvette
That wouldn't be bad! A little stash of.. say.... 25 grand would be nice! I would have a blower in no time!
O Boy.. That Would be nice..
Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Jtirwin27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Around here a kilo is goin for $35k..... Sounds like you have $70k door panels! Eat that carbon fiber
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Front Runner
Racer

Originally Posted by ALLEGRO
No kidding, I would probably have it sniffed by LE dog. Better safe than sorry, who knows what "might" happen at a normal traffic stop.
All jokes aside. That's EXACTLY what I would do. The last thing that needs to happen is for him to get stopped for some traffic violation and the dog hits on his car.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
cdnguyred88
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Front Runner
All jokes aside. That's EXACTLY what I would do. The last thing that needs to happen is for him to get stopped for some traffic violation and the dog hits on his car.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
zagger
Burning Brakes

I could almost guarantee that if you take it to any leo and a dog finds a trace of any contraband the car will be striped down. If there is any physical evidence you will loose the car for a long time or possibly permanently. Just go through it and replace any questionable parts and enjoy the car. You paid for it and don't won't to have it locked up for months in any evidence lot.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,296 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That would be a surprising find!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 PM
jol
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

While it's best to go to the police, understand that they will claim they need to rip your car apart. It will be like parting out your Vette.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:01 AM
dbartromvette
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 20 Posts

Well guys... My brother in law is the prosicuter here in town, and I talked with him as well as the chief of police. I going to get the dogs to take a walk around it next wed. to see if there is any scent left in the car. I guess we are gonna do it kind of off the record off of police time.

It kind of works out nice! I took them the carfax records to take a look at too. They are going to look into the past owners. My guess is the "small" car lot that I bought it off of... that used it as a "pace car" for the last 3 years... was probably using it as a smuggling/laundering business. It did seem kind of weird that a 28 year old guy owned two car lots with 200 plus cars on it... maybe he had "outside" financing.

I am going to call the dealer in the morning. But, as far as getting it checked, I will be good.

I am going to replace the door panels, and if the dogs find anything else I will replace it too.

THE GOOD THING IS THE MILES ON THE CAR ARE PROBABLY HIGHWAY MILES...... MIAMI/MEXICO TO INDIANA!!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well guys... My brother in law is the prosicuter here in town, and I talked with him as well as the chief of police. I going to get the dogs to take a walk around it next wed. to see if there is any scent left in the car. I guess we are gonna do it kind of off the record off of police time.

It kind of works out nice! I took them the carfax records to take a look at too. They are going to look into the past owners. My guess is the "small" car lot that I bought it off of... that used it as a "pace car" for the last 3 years... was probably using it as a smuggling/laundering business. It did seem kind of weird that a 28 year old guy owned two car lots with 200 plus cars on it... maybe he had "outside" financing.

I am going to call the dealer in the morning. But, as far as getting it checked, I will be good.
I am going to replace the door panels, and if the dogs find anything else I will replace it too.

THE GOOD THING IS THE MILES ON THE CAR ARE PROBABLY HIGHWAY MILES...... MIAMI/MEXICO TO INDIANA!!
Sounds like a good plan,,nice to have good connections. The lot owner DOES seem unusually successful for his age:toe tap:! As you said,,highway miles are good. Good luck with the check!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
ronssito
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
How do you know it's the perfect size for a kilo of cocaine

Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 PM
tiojames
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
How do you know it's the perfect size for a kilo of cocaine
Oh, he just saw it on TV.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:05 PM
tiojames
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It wouldn't happen to be UD's car lot would it?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Okay, I had to look to see if you live in Miami.......

Get notified of new replies

To My C5 Was a Drug Mule

Old 04-29-2012, 12:08 AM
tommie
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tiojames
It wouldn't happen to be UD's car lot would it?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 AM
corvettezman
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 774 Likes on 435 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '15, '16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Jtirwin27
Around here a kilo is goin for $35k..... Sounds like you have $70k door panels! Eat that carbon fiber
Been doing some shopping lately ?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 AM
baxsom
Le Mans Master

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

yeah on base here the MPs will let you bring your new car over to get searched by the dogs just in case. you have to be able to show you have only owned it for a week or so. if you get stopped and dog alerts on anything hidden in your vehicle. your car, your drugs. that is how the law will look at it. best to get it checked now.

Quick Reply: My C5 Was a Drug Mule