Help with Tiger Shark Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 12:44 AM
Z06ster
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnz02Z06
....The shop did a good job of install except it was almost 1/4 high at the headlights and they said that was the best they could do. I was not happy with it but they warned me before they started that it may not fit perfect. I fixed it myself a month or 2 later and took it back to them and told them how I did it.
You can see the bad mismatch at the headlight in the 1st pic and last pic
Your circumstances described above illustrate an EXTREMELY important thing when installing the Tigershark or any other aftermarket body part: You absolutely positively must go to a reputable body shop that has tremendous experience with after market body kits. And be prepared to pay more for these services. As an example, my WCC raised hood and Starcraft Tigershark ran me about $3K at a stellar shop in my area. The fitment of the Starcraft Tigershark is decent for an aftermarket part but it will need an expert craftsman to for it to come out perfect.

If you go to a body shop that is primarily experienced with removing and replacing factory body panels, run away as fast as you can. They will do a crap job. Take a guess how I got these words of wisdom
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I agree, The shop I went to came from a friend who had a few 60's era cars done there and he was very happy with them. The day I went to pick it up I found a chip in the paint, a rub mark from dragging a hose across the car and then those corners. They said it was the best fit they could get....I have told everyone I know to stay away from that shop!

Quick Reply: Help with Tiger Shark Body Kit