Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys think of this C5-related vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
thmehr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I purchase my c5 vert, I was shopping for cars like that one. I just could not justify spending that kind of $$$$. They all seemed to be daily drivers with high mileage. That car is not to bad for milage, but the price will be over $33K. When I saw the prices on the garage queens c5's, I was sold and purchased a 2000 triple black convertible on ebay from a private seller.

Good luck
Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 PM
langsbr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than the ebay ad mentioning the word Corvette - how is it related to a C5? I was expecting an old CTS-V with a LS6 and T56... much better beater IMHO. They can be picked up relatively cheap now - if only they had a better diff.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:35 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
wow, some interesting problems....and I bet parts are getting hard to find already...I wonder how many were made? I should google it.
The Northstar Cadillac doesn't have anymore problems than a C5 corvette. Probably less when it's all said and done. Mine has 104K on it and I'm just getting a small leak like I said. One or two drops every other day or so.

If you looked up in the tech section of 5 Tech, not many people would buy a C5, or any vette for that matter.

I'm not saying buy one, but I'm not saying don't buy one either.

It's the same advice I just gave to a potential vette owner. The one issue with a Northstar is IF you have a problem, it's expensive to fix.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Does it come with an old guy hat?? Stogey to be polite and WAY over priced for one fugley problem ridden car, in my humble opinion. The seller says it gets more attention that his Corvettes...ya right?!? Bet he never owned a Corvette or he is selling to buy one!! Would rather drive a Toyota.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:46 PM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by K-Spaz
I can't get why newer cars all look like chopped streetrods. Wth is it with the 4' high doors, and no windows? Industry wide, it's like everyone has this fettish with chopping the tops, but at the same time, they make the car taller?

Personally, I'm just not into the look of this... jmho. I think I'd be in a Buick first.
That has been bugging me so much. I drove a new Camaro SS the other day and you can't see crap outta that car. And all the new "muscle cars" are just too damn big. They feel like driving a caddillac deville.

That's why I love my sweet LOW c5. Feels terrific driving it, and great visibility too.

Anywho, back on topic I've always like the XLR ever since I saw them. I'd much rather own a corvette, but they're not a bad alternative.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Baldfart
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always liked them. I would have it!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM
turbota
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Zr-1Mike00
The Northstar engines do have issues with over heating. They are very complex engines that require a lot of coolant and water. I have a '99 Eldorado and had the motor rebuilt when my head gasket blew. I can find the contact info for the guy who did it if anyone wants it. He has his own gasket and seating bolts in a kit. The motor was done 4 years ago and it runs like a dream!!
Can you forward me that number. Id like to speak with him.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 AM
BlackY2KCorvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy another Corvette.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this C5-related vehicle?